Carbohydrates

Al and Hammer

I read this article which talks about nutrition, but had a spin I'd never encountered which encouraged the intake of simple carbs...leaving the complex ones to mid-morning ingestion. Most of what I've read was geared in favour of complex and that simple should really be mostly used as an energy boost.

Does anyone have a take on this? Or have I just got it all wrong.

It also had an interesting section on BV Indices. Apparently higher BV may not be great at its absorbed to quickly and excess may just be dumped (not exact wording).

I've got a question about the article. Didn't really read much of the article, but I did notice this tidbit about drinking water/fluids.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When they do drink they do it at the wrong time, like in the middle of a meal. Instead of drinking after the meal and letting the food and then the water absorb, you are letting the water wash the food away for both to be excreted due to lack of digestion.

That can't be true, can it? How much of an impact could 5 or 10 minutes really have on digestion? Either way, both water and food are in the stomoach together, right? Plus, lots of foods contain water. I just don't see how it could make any noticeable difference.

See..some thing sound kinda wrong.

Has anyone got any links to more investigated sources of nutritional information...however scientific the language. Its quite an interesting subject not just from a bodybuilding aspect which I dealing with now.

Back