carbs per meal

jimmy_page07

As weightlifters we well know that we must eat plenty of carbs to get glycogen stored and be able to carry out our hobby. It is best if glycogen is stored at its max. However, we also know that if we overconsume carbs, they will get stored as fat. So the question is, what is the ideal amount of carbs we should get per meal to maximize glycogen storage but to not allow fat storage?

I know that several factors affect this, like the persons weight, time when the meal is taken, etc. But it would still be good to know an approximate of this amount.

For example, would a meal containing one can of tuna, 8 ounces of rice, 8 ounces of lentils, and a lot of vegetables have a good amount of carbs?

Also, how many grams of carbs do you recommend consuming during the post workout meal? pre workout?

Sounds like a good meal to me.

You know what I do to figure out if my glycogen stored are at their max? I flex my muscles to see how hard they are.

Especially in the morning, if they are not hard enough, I'm pretty sure I need to eat more carbs.

I guess it can't be dehydration because I drink a lot of water.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimmy_page07 @ Nov. 19 2003,4:27)]However, we also know that if we overconsume carbs, they will get stored as fat.
If you overconsume anythiung(ie eart>maintenance), you will store fat, but carbs->fat is rather irrelevant in humans (especiall when looking at overall fat balance)

how many carbs per meal = depends ($ to lyle)

Back