CKD questions

skinnyman

i read lyle's articles here
and here
but i still do have some questions. if anyone here is knowledgable in this topic, i would appreciate your help since this week is my second week in a "CKD" type of diet.

1)during the FIRST carb-up day, should i eat +500 cals (fat below 88g, carbs veery high)? why does it need so much calories?

2)what's the carb-up (refeed) day for? what are the benefits of doing refeeds?

3)is carb intake really that low(30g) so carbs will be depleted faster?

4) it says that carb-up should start immediatley after workout (friday) "The carb-up should begin immediately following training. A delay of even 2 hours between the end of training and the start of the carb-up causes glycogen resynthesis to be 47% slower than if carbs are consumed immediately." if it does start immediatley after workout, wouldn't it affect my caloric deficit because i have to eat more?

5)"As exercise intensity increases, less fat and more glycogen is used as fuel. At some intensity, sometimes called the "Crossover point", glycogen becomes the primary fuel during exercise. (3) This point corresponds roughly with something called the lactate threshold. The "

--it says fat will be burned with low intensity cardio and the cross-over point is the lactate threshold. what is the lactate thres
btw, i'm doing HIIT style + 30 min. low intensity cardio

thanks for any help :) i'm sure beginners like me will appreciate answers

Back