controling insulin secretions

kyleman1

In my attempt to create a physique that is more conducive to breeding, I now need to watch my diet more. I'm putting on muscle mass very easily now. Thats not the problem. Now i gotta keep this body fat somewhat under control.

From a biochemical standpoint, i need to keep insulin secretions to a minimum throughout the day so i dont keep creating a lipogenic environment when the insulin is out and about.

I'm thinking, yes of course i need carbs before the workouts. A liberal amount. This would release insulin. No biggy though; im about to workout.

During the workout, i usually sip on canned coconut water. Sugar and electrolytes in it. It's ideal. That would trigger more insulin, but the workout is upping my sensitivity to insulin so its going to use

After the workout, yes, more carbs and another insulin secretion. Post workout carbs; who doesnt do that?

But what about the rest of the day? You know when im just chilling? I was thinking about low carb eating the rest of the day (which would then be a targeted ketogenic diet). But ive tried that and i start to run out of energy very quickly. That means in addition to the protein and fat, ill have to eat a few carbs.

How can i keep insulin low the rest of the day? Maybe eat some extremely low glycemic foods like black beans or cherries? And even with these low glycemic foods, don't consume too much of them? The bottom line is, i want to keep my insulin levels negligible throughout the day, but SKYROCKET them during the workout time. What can i do about carbohydrates at these sedentary times?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks alot
-Kyle

I don't know if restricting carbs that severely is really the way to go. Have you tried simply restricting calories a bit and adding in some good cardio? Carbs aren't as evil as some people seem to think. Also, from what I've read, most people on keto diets aren't terribly successful compared to people on calorie deficit diets. Not to mention that during a keto diet, you are probably going to be taking in a crapload of cholesterol and who knows what else. Sure, you might end up looking halfway decent, but a lot of good that will do you when your blood pressure is 200/170.

Maybe it's just the people I've dealt with around here that have tainted my perception of keto diets... but it seems like everyone I know who is on a keto diet is actually just too lazy to track their diet the way the rest of us do. They think they can just eat their hamburgers without buns, chow down on cheese all day and not worry about their total calories, fat intake, etc. In fact, most people I see on keto diets don't even end up losing that much weight.

Anyway, if you are bulking right now, I wouldn't bother trying to manage bodyfat yet. That's like trying to push a car backwards when it is in first gear and someone it punching the accelerator. Wait until you are satisfied with how much muscle you have, then start cutting slowly, do some good HST and some cardio. As long as you have enough willpower and dedication, you should be fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kyleman1 @ June 04 2005,3:14)]that doesnt help. thats only disrespectful to leave something that simple
Get over yourself

Heres the basics

Eat less

Do more

repeat until finished.

If you want to control your insulin to that level, become a diabetic.

Otherwise you cannot control it to any great extent

Back