Creatine Loading

Redr

For my next HST cycle Im gonna add Creatine to my suppliments. My question is, the 5 day loading period should I start during the last 5 days of the stragetic deconditioning or should I start the loading when I start the second HST cycle?

Wait until you start the second cycle. Your muscles will be in a more favorable state for absorption and insulin sensitivity should be better. IMO I do not load creatine b/c your body can only absorb so much at once. I have never seen a difference in strength gains, weight gain with a loading phase or just starting off with what "they" call maintenance. I take 10 grams after I workout with my post-exercise shake, and of all that I am probably only utilizing 3-4 grams of it.

A quote by Bryan in this forum area:
</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There isn't a debate about the best time to take creatine. It is best to take it before you train. Now this doesn't mean that everybody will do this. They will still go on taking it whenever they want to.
<span =''>

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
-Calkid

I did not load, I read a lot of post on WBB boards and it isnt needed from my understanding. Most people say you do not need to cycle it either.

what? not every gram of creatine is being utilized by the body?
crazy.gif

has anyone experienced getting acne from creatine? :D
i loaded one time and i got whacked with acne.
but i've used an expensive creatine before that required no loading phase and i didn't get acne. weird.

I've never gotten acne from it, but it seems like everytime I start using creatine, a couple weeks later I get sick. Usually just a minor cold, but it's usually enough to screw up my workouts.

I'm going to give creatine another chance next cycle though. The sickness thing could just be a coincidence, I suppose. I guess I'll find out if I get sick a couple weeks after I start using it again...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Mar. 10 2005,8:52)]but i've used an expensive creatine before that required no loading phase and i didn't get acne. weird.
Research says you got ripped off. Creatine acts the same way in the body: Either load it to get your levels up in a week or just dose regularly and it will take about a month.

It doesn`t matter if you load or not. You get the same results although without loading it just takes a longer time to get to the plateu. Load 4 x 5g per day for 5 days and then 5g per day to the maintenance

If you load your creatine, is there any point in dividing the doses up into 4 seperate doses? Would your body absorb significantly more creatine this way? Or would it be the same if you did it twice a day instead?

Four separate doses would just decrease the chance of saturating the transporter itself and excreting extra creatine. Regardless, in the end, you're still going to be limited by muscle saturation, not transporter saturation.

Back