Cutting Diet

Totentanz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay guys, I'm coming up on a serious cutter in a bit here. I tried a cutting cycle a while ago but it ended up becoming a bulking cycle.
laugh.gif

So anyway, this time I'm going to do it right. I'm currently 6'1 at 205 lbs, but by the time I get around to cutting, I'm probably going to be 210 lbs at around 15% bodyfat. I want to lose 15 - 20 pounds, all fat preferrably. I'm not going to do UD2.0 or any of that stuff yet, I still have to buy the book before I can try that out... so here is the diet I am considering:

Meal 1:
1/2 Oatmeal, 2 egg whites + 1 egg, scrambled in 1 tbsp olive oil, 4 flax oil caps
418 calories, 26 grams fat, 28 grams carbs, 18 grams protein

Meal 2:
1 can vegetable soup
225 calories, 5 grams fat, 35 grams carbs, 8 grams protein

Preworkout:
40 grams whey
200 calories, 40 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 4 grams carbs

Workout

Postworkout:
60 grams whey + 120 grams maltodextrin
780 calories, 4 grams fat, 126 grams carbs, 60 grams protein

Meal 3:
1 can of tuna, 1 cup of spinach, 1/2 cup rice, 1 tbsp olive oil
490 calories, 17 grams fat, 44 grams carbs, 41 grams protein

Meal 4:
40 grams whey, 4 fish oil caps
240 calories, 44 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 4 grams carbs
or equivalent snack

Total
Calories: 2352
Fat: 60
Carbs: 241
Protein: 206

I'm thinking of trying apple cidar vinegar, taking a shot postworkout and maybe with the more carb heavy meals.

As for training, I'll be doing an HST cycle on M, W and F and I will be doing some form of cardio on T, TH and SA. I hate cardio so I'll probably run, since I actually like running.

So anyway, what do you all think? I think that 2300 calories should be sufficient to maintain lean body mass. I may have to increase it though. In fact, I'm considering adding in about 500 calories during the 15s.
Also, nonworkout days will obviously not have the postworkout shake, so that will leave a 780 calorie hole that will have to be filled. I'll also likely not follow the diet on Sundays when I take the family to my parents house for our weekly get together, which usually results in eating food off the grill or something like that.

Any other suggestions?

what kind of cardio are you going to do?
the HIIT type style worked best for me.
it's in the losing stubborn fat in the FAQ section.
you might want to take a look at it :)

i don't like the part when you'll add an additional 500 cals in the 15s week. so that would be like eating at maintenance level? or did i misunderstand?

Yeah, that would be like eating at maintenance. Or even slightly above maintenance during the 15s. I don't like cutting calories that much during the 15s.
I was considering doing HST 5 times a week for the cut, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. However, if I use a short AM routine on days I do cardio, I could probably get away with it. I'm going to use a basic routine anyway, so... it should be doable.

Cardio I was thinking of doing HIIT style sprinting. I may just run for 30 minutes - 60 minutes instead though. If I do that, I'll probably start out at 30 minutes each day I do it, and increase the time each day by like 5 minutes or whatever until I get to 60 minutes.

I've been told by a lot of people that my protein intake for this cut is too low, but I don't know if I agree with that...

I was thinking of trying carb cycling or something, but I figure that on non-lifting days, I won't have the postworkout shake with all that maltodextrin in it, which eliminates 120 carbs anyway. So I suppose I could consider that a type of carb cycling, assuming I don't replace that shake with an equivalent meal.

I've got a couple more weeks before I start this. I'll have the whole thing hammered out by then. Oh, and I'll probably be taking before and after pics, so if my progress is good, I might post them. If my progress is crappy, I probably won't post them.
laugh.gif

when i'm doing HIIT style 5 min sprint and then the rest would be medium-intensity cardio i end up at 30 minutes very exhausted and extremely wet. i can't possibly go up to 60. no way no way. cardio is evil!
for how long are you planning to cut?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Aug. 01 2005,9:57)]what kind of cardio are you going to do?
the HIIT type style worked best for me.
it's in the losing stubborn fat in the FAQ section.
you might want to take a look at it :)
i don't like the part when you'll add an additional 500 cals in the 15s week. so that would be like eating at maintenance level? or did i misunderstand?
i looked at the FAQ section and couldnt find "losing stubborn fat". Even a search turned up nothing. Do you have a link to it?

Back