Diet Help

mmhasty

I am relatively new to weight training. I have been at it for several months and have achieved some success. I know that diet is important to seeing real progress, but I have read so many different things that I don't know where to begin. Could someone suggest a good starting point for what to eat, when to eat it and how much of it to eat? This would just be something I could follow for a few months until I get used to it myself.

Watsup man? I just finished with my first HST six week program last week. I gained about four pounds from the program and my diet. I don't know what you weigh or how much food you need to consume to maintain weight. I weigh 154 and while on the program ate about 3500 cals per day. I consumed around 150-200 grams of protein and went about twenty percent of calories for fat consumption. Carb intake was around sixty percent of cals. I have made a few nutrition programs to go along with my workouts and have always started with fruit at top. If you make yourself a meal program, first start with five fruits cause you'll eat about five or six times/ day. Make sure you get your other bread servings and others in there too. Make meals out of them. Here is a sample of my previous meal plan. It's good to get a food scale too. You can pick one up at GNC for 10 bucks.
Mon-Fri.
*4 oz. pasta w/ 1c. Hunts spaghetti sauce w/ 1c. pineapple
*8oz. milk w/ one 4TBSP serving ovaltine (for extra vitamins)
*3oz. dry cereal (mini wheats) w/ 8oz. 1% milk, med. apple
*use as pre-workout 8oz. milk w/ one serving ON whey protein
*use as post workout 16oz. milk w/one serving N-Large2
*2 slices wheat bread w/ 1tbsp peanut butter and jelly w/ orange
*2 med. eggs w/ red bull
*1/2 c oatmeal with 1/4c raisins and 1/2c 4% milkfat cottage cheese
*3oz. lettuce with any dressing
That, I think is most of what I tried to consume during the day, everyday. Again, I consumed around 3500 cals./ day.
Weekends I ate whatever and unfortunately drank whatever too. Make sure to drink lots of water all day long. hope this helped a little bit. I think it is easier to make meals throughout the day and then see what you need to add or remove to make a balanced diet. If you want to gain weight, be sure to eat more than you burn of course. I ate 3500 cals cause i have a fast metabolism. I was eating for a 175 pound man who is trying to gain weight. bodybuilding.com is a good info site too.

Back