Eating before sleep

jimmy_page07

Hi, I am training for hypertrophy and eat 5 to 6 times a day. My last meal happens before I go to bed. It generally consists of a can of tuna, carbs (35 grams or so), and vegetables, sometimes milk if I need more calories that day. I've heard that people say that eating at that time will only result in fat gain, at least caused by the carbs in the meal. This last meal of the day is always included in my daily calorie intake. Is it a good idea to have this last meal before going to sleep?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi, I am training for hypertrophy and eat 5 to 6 times a day. My last meal happens before I go to bed. It generally consists of a can of tuna, carbs (35 grams or so), and vegetables, sometimes milk if I need more calories that day.

Fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've heard that people say that eating at that time will only result in fat gain, at least caused by the carbs in the meal.

They're wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This last meal of the day is always included in my daily calorie intake.

Fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is it a good idea to have this last meal before going to sleep?

Sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chupacabra @ Oct. 31 2003,1:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is it a good idea to have this last meal before going to sleep?

I would imagine anything else would be extremely difficult
dozingoff.gif

Sorry...couldn't help it. I'm in a pissfight in another forum, so I need to laugh at my own stupidity instead of just the other moron (note: I said "the other", which means that there must be at least one more - is that me ? I don't care...I'm having a great time!
worship.gif
)

Well, technically it is a valid question, because you can have the last meal of the day AFTER going to sleep, like when you work a night shift and wake up at 11 pm and then have the last meal of the day.

Or even if you don't work night shift but you are on intravenous feeding etc.

jimmy_page07, sorry for this, but I couldn't help it either :D

I meant right before going to sleep. Obviously you cant eat while youre asleep, so if you thought that was a possibility then you guys are those people who workout to make up for your lack of brains.

Jimmy....show just a little trace of humor, will you ? If you read the first reply it was all answered there. If you read the rest of the replies, they were just the kind of replies you would expect on a Friday ;)

Cheers and Peace

P.S. Don't bite the hand that feeds ;)

Back