Eating for 3xweek, 2xday

precious_roy

For anyone who is using this frequency routine, how do you schedule eating? I am working a semi modified version of Brian eating for 6x per week (that is, ~7 meals per day). The problem is after the night session, I do not have time to eat heavily before I go to bed. I do get in one good sized meal ~1 hour afterward, but after that I cannot eat anymore before sleepy time. Is that a major issue and how do people deal with this?
Also, do most keep their daily caloric intake consistant or do you eat heavy on lifting days and less so on off days? Thanks in advance.

Well, I did 6x2.

My day looked like this: sleeping, workout, eating, cooking, eating, workout, cooking, eating, sleeping....

Just eat.

Simon

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I do get in one good sized meal ~1 hour afterward, but after that I cannot eat anymore before sleepy time. Is that a major issue and how do people deal with this?

It's actually not a bad idea to down a nice large hunk of meat an hour or so before you go to sleep. Otherwise, you can do nicely downing a casein-dominated shake or cottage cheese. All the tryptophan in it will put you out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, do most keep their daily caloric intake consistant or do you eat heavy on lifting days and less so on off days? Thanks in advance

Yup, you eat like a loony during your on days and eat something like maintenance + 200-300 on off days. Somewhere in the Customizing thread is a suggestion of structuring your diet on the on days. Basically, you eat DC-levels of protein while doing a carb refeed.

cheers,
Jules

maintenance + 200-300 on off days? that explains the fat storage in my stomach
laugh.gif
i've been eating +1000cals over maintenance both on and off days.
laugh.gif
thanks vicious
thumbs-up.gif

and i read your post in customizing hst.. why do you have to lower carbs intake in the 5s by 145g? i'm just curious but i'm really glad i have to lower that. i've been eating too much carbs . can't take it anymore.
laugh.gif

thanks in advance!
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]maintenance + 200-300 on off days? that explains the fat storage in my stomach i've been eating +1000cals over maintenance both on and off days. thanks vicious

Welllll . . . it may actually be more than 200-300. Really varies person to person, but the usual train of thought is that you don't need as much food on your off-days as your on. Conversely, you should eat like a horse on your workout days. Of course, if you're doing a refeed, then eat a lot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and i read your post in customizing hst.. why do you have to lower carbs intake in the 5s by 145g? i'm just curious but i'm really glad i have to lower that. i've been eating too much carbs . can't take it anymore.

Personally, I think the most convenient way to look at it is glycogen storage. If you're ingesting 1-2g/lbs protein a day, you're theoretically consuming enough protein to grow. Having established your protein intake, then it's really a matter of gauging your glycogen levels or state of fullness with the muscles. So, naturally, your carb intake would be highest during the 15s and 10s, when you're loading your muscles with glycogen until reasonable saturation. Having established that, then you can drop off your carb intake to a more conservative level. Of course, if you're throwing in extra burn sets, HIIT, and so on, that rule changes too.

But, it's really about gauging how "pumped" or "full" you feel day-to-day and evaluating your functional performance. If you feel flat, then you eat more carbs. If you don't, then lay them off. Then, you finally looking at increasing your fat intake to get your calories in if you're not quite satisfied with your growth. For most people, this will pretty much match Bryan's Eating for Size recommendations.

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]maintenance + 200-300 on off days? that explains the fat storage in my stomach i've been eating +1000cals over maintenance both on and off days. thanks vicious

Welllll . . . it may actually be more than 200-300. Really varies person to person, but the usual train of thought is that you don't need as much food on your off-days as your on. Conversely, you should eat like a horse on your workout days. Of course, if you're doing a refeed, then eat a lot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and i read your post in customizing hst.. why do you have to lower carbs intake in the 5s by 145g? i'm just curious but i'm really glad i have to lower that. i've been eating too much carbs . can't take it anymore.

Personally, I think the most convenient way to look at it is glycogen storage. If you're ingesting 1-2g/lbs protein a day, you're theoretically consuming enough protein to grow. Having established your protein intake, then it's really a matter of gauging your glycogen levels or state of fullness with the muscles. So, naturally, your carb intake would be highest during the 15s and 10s, when you're loading your muscles with glycogen until reasonable saturation. Having established that, then you can drop off your carb intake to a more conservative level. Of course, if you're throwing in extra burn sets, HIIT, and so on, that rule changes too.

But, it's really about gauging how "pumped" or "full" you feel day-to-day and evaluating your functional performance. If you feel flat, then you eat more carbs. If you don't, then lay them off. Then, you finally looking at increasing your fat intake to get your calories in if you're not quite satisfied with your growth. For most people, this will pretty much match Bryan's Eating for Size recommendations.

cheers,
Jules

Back