Eating more..

Hows it mess up training ? my training sessions have all been perfect .

oh yeh i have frozen peas and corn :)
baked beans have them too.
lettuce and tomato.
Other veges i don't eat on a regular basis there costly and taste sour :)

But that guy said oatmeal has high fibre
i mainly get my carbs like this
80g carbs from dextrose pre/post workout
20 from fruit breakfeast
around 40g carbs with dinner from rice or patato's and veges
around 48g from milk
and around 160g from oatmeal(some eating and some drunken with shakes)
+ i take 3 multivitamin

Maybe i'll try the metamusil for a weak i can drink anything...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Feb. 04 2003,7:27)]Hows it mess up training ? my training sessions have all been perfect .
Taken to extremes lack of fibre in a diet (especially high protein diets) can lead to an obstructed bowel. I have seen several people go through this (used to work in a hospital), I doubt if any of them could (or would want to) squat for a rather long time.

high protein can cause constipation ? i do 340g protein a day on workout days and 280 on non workout days.
according to the websites i see oatmeal is around 7.5g fibre per 100g which is around 57carbs
so thats like 20 fibre from oatmeal.
How much fibre do i need per day ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Feb. 04 2003,6:37)]i do 340g protein a day on workout days and 280 on non workout days.

How much fibre do i need per day ?
340g?
wow.gif
how much do you weigh? even if you're 240lbs at 5% LBM there's no need for that much protein, imho.

generally i think the amount of daily fiber you need should be proportional to your total caloric intake.

The orange-flavored extra-smooth Metamucil is actually kinda nice. Reminds me of Tang. I drank it to good effect while doing a PSMFast, and plan to again.

well i'm cutting the protein to around 250 on workout days 220 non workout days and upping the fat intake.
breakfeast 40g protein protein pre w/o 30 post w/o 40 1 hour after workout 30g thats 150 which is from 7am - 1pm then 40g protein pre bed which is 11pm leaves me only 70 from 1pm to 11pm. cutting my protein has left a big hole .
Protein is easy for me to eat where carbs are hard.

Back