Energy requirements when using AM/PM splits

Denby

Hi!
I'm currently on my first HST cycle, and still in my first week so I haven't had the time to evaluate it myself yet but here's what I'm curious about:
I usually use a online program that helps me determine how many kcals I need from a day to day basis. I simply put in my weight, age and what I've been up to that day and for how long I was doing it. It's proven to be very accuarate (for me anyway), but I've read so much about how energy requirements go through the rood when working out 2 times a day. Is that simply because I spend more time in the gym=bigger need for kcals or is it something else? Something my "calculator" would not pick up?
Eh, I hope you guys understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help!

Because you are working out more using more energy and causing damage that your body needs energy to repair.

What that exactly adds up to is different for everyone based on several factors. But for simplicity sake, you can estimate that for every half hour working out you use about (BIG GUESS since I don't know your weight or anything else) 200Kcal. So if you are working out for two hours per day that's 800 Kcal, quite a bit and that's not including any residual metabolic effect.

Ah, but it's the residual effect that I'm curious about! I probably didn't say it quite as clear as I intended.

So to clarify, is there a bigger residual effect when working out two times a day compared to one workout? Is there a 1+1=3 effect?

Thanks

Back