etothepii's HST adventure!!!

OK, so I've done two workouts (A and B) in the 15s, and I added 5 pounds to all my rms. The "big deal" for me is this: 2 sets of 15 unassisted pull ups!!!!!

<div>
(etothepii @ Jun. 24 2007,18:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am following through on my plan to under-eat during the 15s phase, slowly increase calories through the 10s, and bulk during the 5s and post 5s. This should be a HORRIBLE hypertrophy plan, but a SUCCESSFUL body composition plan. I will be monitoring body fat and weight throughout.

I am also starting creatine for the first time, just to see how it works for me.</div>
Hey man,

I would be interested in seeing a summary of your body composition pre 15's. post 15's post 10's post 5's etc. Your Sinusoidal Cut Maintain Bulk Bulk Maintain strategy sounds interesting. Let me know how it worked.

Thanks

Well Max, I didn't stick to a diet as strictly as I should have. I did fine into the 5s, but I then quit doing fitday and just overate regularly. Still, I reached about 160, and my size 30 pant still fit, albeit a little tightly.

Right now, I'm just lifting as heavy as I can in my A/B routine, and cutting back a little on calories, and upping the cardio. I'm back down to about 155-157. My waiste is under control, abs still pretty defined. My body fat analyzing scale is putting me at 11%. I don't totally believe it, as my waist is about 3/4&quot; bigger, give or take a little.

The real story is strength. I've been lifting a little over a year and a half now, so I'm not strong. But my maxes are up. Just this week, I did a set of 5 squats at 225 pounds, and just today did single dead lifts up to 265. My bench 5rm is 170. Rowing at 130. Not huge numbers, but all 5-10 pounds above my previous totals in January after bukling up to 167 and focusing on strength training.

What I've taken away from this cycle is this: For me, cutting in the 15s is very easy. I can just eat my normal calories that I had been eating during SD, but lifting and cardio brings in weight loss while still causing the lactic burn, joint health, easy transition from SD to lifting, etc. By the end of the first week of 10s, I'm eating enough to start gaining and bolster strength. If I didn't go overboard on calories (particularly cake and cookies), I wouldn't have had to cut calories again in the post 5s. Still, cutting now isn't that bad. It could get bad if I decided to stay at it several weeks, cut severely, lose strength, etc., but I don't plan on that.

About the near future, well, I'll post those plans in a little while.

Ack. My brain is back in the days when I was obese. I've been eating anything and everything. Call it a dirty bulk, but I had sworn I was going to do a super slow bulk over several cycles. Looks like I'll be doing a cutting cycle. I'm at 163-164 pounds this morning. To make things worse, I'll not really be able to loft after today for about a week. I'm going to be riding my boke to work three days though, so I'll be burning some calories.

Let's call t a plan:
One week cardio
One week 15s
Two weeks 10s
Two weeks 5s
Evaluate where my body fat and strength levels are to determine if I want to continue or stop cutting right there.

Personally, I'm disapointed in myself.

OK, not so pessimistic right now. I just lifted and yes, I have a belly and love handles forming, but my strength is up!!!

Box Squats: 275#, 6x5
Calves: 275#, 10 reps
Bench: 176# (PR), 5x5 plus 1x4 and 1 single
Pull ups: Bodyweight +50#, 4 single reps, fo9llowed by 3x5 negatives
Upright rows: 100#, 4x5
Incline situps: 21 reps

Back