exercises order

S_F_H

I'd like to know if my order is optimal to make sure that secondary muscles arent getting fatigued too early or vice-versa

heres my workout (1stmuscle/superset muscle):

Incline BP/T-Bar Row
Decline BP/Lat Pulldown
Bi Curl/Skull Crusher
Military Press (smith)/Shrugs
Seated shoulder press/Squat

thx all!

Bi Curl/Skull Crusher
put these last otherwise your arms will be to fatigued to do any pressin or pulling movements.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S_F_H @ Nov. 24 2005,4:56)]so you'd throw these after the Squat??
yes while you are doing squats it will give your arms time to recover. :D

have you ever tried doing 400 lbs squats after your upper back, shoulders and chest have been worked hard?
wow.gif

It's a matter of personal preference I guess.

I prefer to do my heaviest lift (deads) at the end. I don't run out of energy after doing bench, rows, dips etc...but if I do deads first then everything else, the "everything else" is going to suffer.

Gotta go with Jester on this one. It's personal preference, sure, but I feel that if I do squats or deads right off, my other lifts suffer. Though for me, if I have any iso's, I always do them after all my compounds. So I would do all my compounds, ending with squats or deads, then bust out my isolations after a bit of rest.

Yep, same here.

If I do deads before everything else, it's going to be a not-very-rewarding workout for me. So I do deads at the end of all my compounds, then any isos after that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So I would do all my compounds, ending with squats or deads, then bust out my isolations after a bit of rest.
Yeah, this is my approach too. Compounds first, squat being the last of them, and then iso's and abs.

Back