F1's Log

This isn't my proper workout routine yet but it's what I'm doing until the next cycle.

Got a major Personal best...

Chins 91lbs 5 reps, last time I got 2-3 reps at 88lbs...cool!

Very nice... I am far away from that, but that's because the exercise is dependent upon your own weight, and I weigh 240.
cool.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 05 2007,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Very nice... I am far away from that, but that's because the exercise is dependent upon your own weight, and I weigh 240.
cool.gif
</div>
Yeah I hear ya!

I'm pretty light!

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Jun. 05 2007,14:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dang son, you'll be up there with Slapz on those chins before too long  
wink.gif
.  Great job, what is your current BW?</div>
Yeah I'm 145lbs, it's gonna be interesting to see how far I can drag my 5's out, I'm thinking I should be able to increase on the chins by 20lbs, fingers crossed.

Yay!!!

Got that PB for chin ups!!!

I pushed the attempt a bit early because I was so pumped up for getting it done but I feel as though I have a bit more gas so I'm expecting to increase further tomorrow.

Workout:

5 rep cycle:

Dips 106lbs
Chins 101lbs
leg Raise 10lbs
Gotta do legs!

20 min walk

Meal: None

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Jun. 06 2007,13:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">10 pound increase on the chins in one day, impressive!</div>
Tell me about it, I was happy just to get over 88lbs, it feels like I've got some more left in me and I'm expecting to increase by ten more pounds anymore than that will be a bonus!!!!

<div>
(DanOz @ Jun. 06 2007,22:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Mindblowing chins mate, don't care how much you weigh, that's some great chinning!</div>
Hey man, preciate that, it's funny because my mind is saying I'm scared to even attempt to go heavier but my body is saying to just go for it!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(DanOz @ Jun. 07 2007,01:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Listen to your body on this one - go for it I say.</div>
HECK YEAH!!!!
biggrin.gif

Wow it's getting intese mentally because everything in my being tells me that I can't possibly gett anymore reps/PB's on the chins but...you know I gotta do it anyway.

Chins 106lbs

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Workout:</span>

5 rep cycle:

Dips 111lbs
Chins 106lbs (PB)
leg Raise 10lbs
Gotta do legs!

Good workout this morning but I'm just about done with the strength stuff, I've maxed out on my chins and I'm not far of with my dips, man my dips are sweet joy now!!!

kinda wish I didn't do the bodyweight stuff coz I've lost a ton of strength in my chest, anyway I know how how much work I need to do, now I just gotta shud up 'n' do it!!!

But Dang!!! how's about tha chin up PB, that's major for me as I've always been weak in that area! :clap:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Workout:</span>

5 rep cycle:

Dips 116lbs
Chins 111lbs (PB)
leg Raise 10lbs
Gotta do legs!

<div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 09 2007,15:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good workout this morning but I'm just about done with the strength stuff, I've maxed out on my chins and I'm not far of with my dips, man my dips are sweet joy now!!!</div>
Not sure why you say this, oh Fruity one?

If your goal is hypertrophy then this is just the stage that you want to continue lifting heavy for at least a few weeks more. If you are consuming an excess of calories you should see some good gains.

If you find that your strength drops off because of the high frequency then reduce the volume each session, or only lift heavy twice a week (say Mon &amp; Fri) and use lighter loads for the other workout (Wed) as a deload for extra CNS recovery.

Great lifts by the way! When are you going to hit those legs though?

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 09 2007,20:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 09 2007,15:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good workout this morning but I'm just about done with the strength stuff, I've maxed out on my chins and I'm not far of with my dips, man my dips are sweet joy now!!!</div>
Not sure why you say this, oh Fruity one?

If your goal is hypertrophy then this is just the stage that you want to continue lifting heavy for at least a few weeks more. If you are consuming an excess of calories you should see some good gains.

If you find that your strength drops off because of the high frequency then reduce the volume each session, or only lift heavy twice a week (say Mon &amp; Fri) and use lighter loads for the other workout (Wed) as a deload for extra CNS recovery.

Great lifts by the way! When are you going to hit those legs though?</div>
Simply because I'm reaching my full potential, I'm reaching the point where I cannot lift anymore......on the chins anyway.

As far as chins go, I think we have a winner. Damn good lifting F1. Some of you lighter guys are pretty strong.

<div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 10 2007,02:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Simply because I'm reaching my full potential, I'm reaching the point where I cannot lift anymore......on the chins anyway.</div>
Yes, I understand that. But there's no need to knock your cycle on the head just because the loads aren't going up. They are sufficiently heavy enough to still produce results for a few weeks to come. The only really good reason to stop now would be if your joints were suffering.

Back