F1's Log

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 10 2007,10:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 10 2007,02:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Simply because I'm reaching my full potential, I'm reaching the point where I cannot lift anymore......on the chins anyway.</div>
Yes, I understand that. But there's no need to knock your cycle on the head just because the loads aren't going up. They are sufficiently heavy enough to still produce results for a few weeks to come. The only really good reason to stop now would be if your joints were suffering.</div>
Sorry, but that's not what I want to do.....I might as well carry on doing hit, if I ws going to do that!

Anyway we all have our way of doing things and I'm going to start my new 15's in a weeks time.

<div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 10 2007,22:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry, but that's not what I want to do.....I might as well carry on doing hit, if I ws going to do that!</div>
That's perfectly fine of course. Certainly it's nothing like HIT though. There are lots of techniques to enable you to keep the loads at around your 5RM or above for a few weeks and yet avoid failure entirely. A lot of folks here cluster reps once past their 5RM workout, others use Dan's Max Stim method, some do negatives or a mixture of all the above.

I certainly wasn't meaning that you should do something that you don't want to do but I am aware that you haven't been around here too long and I wanted to make sure you knew that it was actually a part of a typical HST cycle to keep working with your 5RM loads for a further few weeks (or to continue to increment and do negs/cluster reps).

Anyway, hope you have a good SD and hope you log your next cycle too.
cool.gif

I hope you do a minimum of 9 days SD, 14 days would be better. To actually totally deload takes even longer than that. If you hit back too early, you won't grow from submax work. There is a difference between deload and strategic deload, evidently.
Now if you wish, you can do a deload (cut back your weights to an earlier week) and come back up and try to pass by your PR's, but this is an advanced technique used by guys with a lot of gym age who are nearing their actual genetic potential. What is used by beginner to intermediate is what Lol posted, keeping a more linear mode in the fives, despite the zigzag built into HST mesocycles. Those techniques are for building strength for all gym ages, and starting your next HST cycle with more strength is just that: all good.
But if you feel the need for a break, by all means, do so, but don't make it too short. That's why I've always gone as far as possible to where I'm not gaining any more on more than 2 lifts. Most negs require a partner, so I don't do them.

Felt great...just what I needed...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Workout:</span>

15 rep cycle:

Dips 55lbs
Chins 25lbs
leg Raise 10lbs
Gotta do legs!

60 min walk

Back