Fats in post workout shake?

keenef4

After workout, Iwas told to take some fast-digesting proteins (with carbs is preferred). And I read some articles saying that fat slows down digestion rate.

Does it mean that I should stay away from fats in post workout shakes? If yes, then is milk OK? Because milk contains fats and slow-digesting proteins (suddenly I forgot the name)
blush.gif

Moreover, I heard some people even eat meat or take oil capsules at this time. If so, why am I waisting my mom's money on whey (Im still a high school student)?
mad.gif

Thank you,

You are a high school student. You are on steroids. Naturally.
The debates rage on, but basically the whey argument was for fast acting proteins to take advantage of the "two hour window" of exaggerated protein uptake after a workout. Now this itself is in contention, the new idea being that as long as you are keeping a proper protein intake, and having proteins available prior to the workout (in digestion I believe that would mean) so that you're not really "starving" for proteins anyway.
Therefore, the most important thing isn't nutrient timing or windows or supplementation or meal frequency (even though I myself eat 7-8 times a day) but rather your total daily P/F/C intake relative to your bodyweight and goals.
Many bodies were built before there was whey. And by next month, all the "rules" may change again...sheesh!
wow.gif

I intentionally put fats in my post workout shake. Like you said, it slows digestion. In uber-bber speak this means "A CONSTANT STREAM OF AMINOS INTO UR BLOODSTREAM BRO!!" which is a good thing, right?

Anyway, don't worry about it so much. Like quad said, your hormones are raging right now. Just make sure you are getting protein before and after your workout, getting plenty of protein throughout the day, lifting a bunch of heavy weights repeatedly over the week, and getting enough calories throughout the day. You can get huge. I know of enough guys who got reasonably huge when they were in high school to believe that it is a good time to lay down the foundation for ultimate hugeness later on in life.

Thank you for your responds!

So it's OK to add milk into both pre- and post-workout shakes everyday, is it? That's great because I also have read Lyle's newsletter about milk's ability to retain water after workout.

By the way, can you tell me how to see all the previous newsletters of his? Because I just have seen only the lastest two. I cannot go the archive link somehow.
sad.gif

Back