Favorite Fast Food Joint

What is wrong with the cheese ?

You have a lot of good nutrients in cheese.
If they are giving you real cheese in those gut bombs.
As long as you pay attention as to how much you eat, there shouldn't be any problem.

LOL, I choose non of the above and never again. Fast-food is one of the main reasons America is reknown for its fat @$$es.

But I will say that Qdoba has some high quality foods if you know what to get.

Sorry I look far deeper into nutrition than just macronutrients.

Americans are obese now because of mostly:
a.) overeating, and
b.) corn syrup solids. This began in 1980. I believe that was when we had the sugar wars? Remember the strikes? Even your ketchup now has corn syrup in it. Sugar has almost become rare.

<div>
(Cova @ Nov. 26 2006,21:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">LOL, I choose non of the above and never again. Fast-food is one of the main reasons America is reknown for its fat @$$es.

But I will say that Qdoba has some high quality foods if you know what to get.

Sorry I look far deeper into nutrition than just macronutrients.</div>
Blanket statements and generalizations are fun, aren't they?

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 27 2006,09:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Americans are obese now because of mostly:
a.) overeating, and
b.) corn syrup solids. This began in 1980. I believe that was when we had the sugar wars? Remember the strikes? Even your ketchup now has corn syrup in it. Sugar has almost become rare.</div>
Good point. I am very disturbed buy the amount of fat in most foods industry. And people do not care to look. Somebody gets a grilled cheese burger at burgerking and two years later when they are 350 pounds they realize just one has 40+grams of fat.

Fat is addictive+it adds taste to foods.

I am however glad that they made it illegal to use trans fat for cooking.

Yeah I am kind of an extremist at what I eat because i do not just want to get big, i do not want to be 70 years old with prostate and colon cancer.

I also will add that i never ever get sick even when i around somebody with an airborn-spread illness.

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 27 2006,09:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Americans are obese now because of mostly:
a.) overeating, and
b.) corn syrup solids. This began in 1980. I believe that was when we had the sugar wars? Remember the strikes? Even your ketchup now has corn syrup in it. Sugar has almost become rare.</div>
I thought it was because they spend time sitting on their butts in front of the computer, the TV, or the PS2. Even 400 or so Americans are now sitting in front of the PS3 getting fatter still.

Hmmm, PS3 basketball or go out and actually pick up that spherical object, run up and down the court and throw it through the hoop? Which one is more slimming and healthy?

Sure, fats I mean fast food can be bad for us, but it can also have a place in a balanced, healthy lifestyle. I'm not going to slam it. I'd rather slam inactivity and lazyness.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Nov. 27 2006,23:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey, here is some breaking news.  Fat doesn't make you fat!  Bloody amazing, isn't it?</div>
Yep. Once I finally accepted that little fact I finally changed my life for the better.

LMFAO, not all fats are created equal. The amount of [/U]saturated fats in junk food along with the additives, perservatives, and super concentrated sugars(example:high fructose corn syrup).

It is not that people are sitting on their asses as much as it is they are eating far more than necissary for their body to operate. I have plenty of friends that dont do **** but eat just enough to stay skinny.

I know they need to be much more physical but that is not the only problem.

<div>
(Cova @ Nov. 28 2006,18:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">LMFAO, not all fats are created equal. The amount of [/U]saturated fats in junk food along with the additives, perservatives, and super concentrated sugars(example:high fructose corn syrup).

It is not that people are sitting on their asses as much as it is they are eating far more than necissary for their body to operate. I have plenty of friends that dont do **** but eat just enough to stay skinny.

I know they need to be much more physical but that is not the only problem.</div>
Saturated fats don't make you fat either. In fact, saturated fats are linked to higher testosterone levels...

Oh, and high fructose corn syrup doesn't make you fat either.

But you're right - the problem is that most people are eating more than they need i.e. eating over maintenance. That's what makes people fat, not what they are eating but how much.

Yeah i see what you are saying, the only problem is the amount of saturated fat you find in a burger is normally more than what is recomended for your daily intake.

Now that isn't true for some places, but mcdonals and burgerking hold no merit in trying to cut down their food's fat content.

Personally I feel it should be a requirement for them to post the nutritional facts on a sign right next to their menu if not right along with each item. That might cut out a lot of naive people's wastes down a lot. They just have to care.

I first found out about High Fructose Corn syrup from the Met-Rx website. The research done by Dr. Scott Connelly, also a nutritionist and the inventor of Met-rx. If you google for High Fructose Corn Syrup Dangers, you'll get thousands of sites (91,000 tonight) about it, and there has been extensive research done on it relating to obesity in America. A quick update you can try is here:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin....MH1.DTL
and I thought it pretty well covered the issues. You decide.

<div>
(Cova @ Nov. 28 2006,19:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah i see what you are saying, the only problem is the amount of saturated fat you find in a burger is normally more than what is recomended for your daily intake.

Now that isn't true for some places, but mcdonals and burgerking hold no merit in trying to cut down their food's fat content.

Personally I feel it should be a requirement for them to post the nutritional facts on a sign right next to their menu if not right along with each item. That might cut out a lot of naive people's wastes down a lot. They just have to care.</div>
Actually, it is a requirement for the nutritional data to be posted. Just look, you'll find it in every Burger King at least and most of them have brochures with all the data in them if you ask for one as well.

Fat isn't the bad guy. As we discussed in another thread, you could have a McDonald's diet and still be in good health as long as you get sufficient exercise.

HFCS and sucrose are pretty much nearly the same thing in terms of the % of glucose and fructose they contain anyway so HFCS shouldnt be any worse. Unless im missing something.

I am not entirely sure, but I think i heard HFCS is extremely concetrated compared with other sugars. Although sucrose might be practically the same thing, i am certain you would have to use a higher volume of it to equal a serving of HFCS.

10g of fructose/glucose is going to weigh the same regardless of whether its in sucrose or HFCS, how could one contain a higher volume of it than the other at the same weight.

By their own admission in that article, it says &quot;Studies have shown that the human body metabolizes fructose, the sweetest of the natural sugars, in a way that may promote weight gain. Specifically, fructose does not promote the production of certain hormones that help regulate appetite and fat storage, and it promotes elevated levels of tricglycerides that researchers have linked to an increased risk of heart disease.&quot;
I agree it's similar to sugar in most ways, but different. The other thing was the cheapness of it, and the surge in soft drink sizes and consumption, leading to excess calories. I notice also, that things that didn't even have sugar in them when we were younger, now have HFCS in them. So it's probably a mixture of the above with the 'hidden calorie' factor that's getting people. That was interesting about corn not having any fructose in it; they alter the carbs to become fructose chemically. Hm.
I'll just play safe and avoid sugars at large, except for PWO shakes, with maltodextrin and dextrose...maybe a little fruit. I looked into using fruit, and the amount of fructose in fruit is so low, that it does no harm. Leave it to God to make food healthy for you, heheh.
Oh, and I've been in the sweetener wars a bit...I finally decided on &quot;Sugar Twin&quot; as the winner, being made of dextrose and maltodextrin, our favorite ingredients.

The cheapness of it may lead to it being used more than sucrose, but then that comes down to watching your sugar intake rather than believing its any worse than everything else.
Even then if controlling your overall calories the amount of sugar you eat during your diet doesnt have much effect on anything from what ive seen in terms of fatloss/gain.

Probably just came about that companies started using HFCS more than sucrose - this leads to peoples sugar intake increasing - which leads to peoples calorie intake increasing - then they burn less calories than they eat and so they put on weight.

But thats like saying fat has more calories than pro or carbs - eating it leads to peoples calorie intake increasing - then they burn less calories than they eat and so they put on weight.
So fat = bad which we know isnt how it works. HFCS shouldnt be any different in my eyes, still comes down to people eating to much.

Back