finaly achieved a 17'' bicep cold,

panzer

just measured myself, yep 17'' cold and i'm 3 days into my SD.
Of course, my arms will schrink during the 2 weeks of SD, but still this is better than the 16.5'' that I was stuck with just 2 cycles ago or so!
here are my finishing weights for the last 5 reps workout:
db bench press 107.5 lbs in each hands
shoulder press (seated, back inclined a bit) 2x 70lbs db
hammer curls 2x 50lbs (seated, back straight)
hammer curls are amazing; they truly are making my forearms way bigger! previously I always had thin forearms...
Plus I also do sqats, calf raises, db rows, crunches etc
I only do 2 weeks of 10 and 2 weeks of 5 plus one week of SD but this time I will try 2 weeks SD because the last week of the 5 was very rough: I had major sleep disturbances even though my workout remained pretty good. Strange.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (panzer @ Oct. 25 2005,11:54)]I had major sleep disturbances even though my workout remained pretty good. Strange.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more?
Any idea why?

One thing I noticed is that if I work out in the afternoon, after 5, I have hard time sleeping. But if I workout in the morning, i'm good to go.

Just thought i'd ask.

Well the only time I can workout is during the evening and during the last week of the 5's I noticed that I had a hard time sleeping during the subsequent night: my sleep was light and unsatisfying. I would wake up 4 times during a night etc. My whole body felt strange, like my nerves were tingling or something. Was this only my imagination?
I was so bad that I was convinced that I was overtrained but then- surprise- the workouts were very, very good with high levels of energy and I was able to meet all my goals. This is what is so impressive about HST: you think that you are burned out but then you have still a little reserve just before the well planned SD.
HST is a very smart workout. With HIT training you are pretty much overtrained all the time, what a waste of time!
Also another strange phenomena that I noticed during that period was much increased libido and this seems to be tied to the high energy levels that I experienced. Anybody else experienced this?

As fars as the sleeping is concerned, here is what I noticed:

when I was prepping for HST, finding my 15, 10, 5 RM, I was working out in the evening and finishing between 1830-1900 hours. (6:30-7
wow.gif
0pm) :)

I had a hard time sleeping and my body felt tingly as well. Also, I think adrenaline was still going through my body and that had something to do with not sleeping well either.

Since i've switched to mornings, I feel pretty good.

The only thing i've figuring out now is that I feel pretty wiped out after doing my 15's workout. I have been eating more and more and getting sleep. It just seems that I feel pretty tired throughout the day after my workouts.

Anyone else experience that?

thecoffeeguy

Hi Panzer, congratulations!!
Can you, please, post your routine?
You did just one set in the 15's,10's and 5's?
How much do you have gained since starting HST?
I am asking it because I too are doing just 1 set per mov in my first cycle.
Thank you and good lifting!!!

Giovanni

routine: everything with dumbbels, only 2 weeks of 10 and then 2 weeks of 5 plus SD. Everything one set*.

Bench press flat (+*one warm up set during the 5's)
db lunges
db squats
shoulder presses
one arm db bent over rows
weighted crunches
one leg calf raises
seated hammer curls
db triceps extentions

finished 5 cycles and I went from 220lbs to 230lbs
The only part I measure is the bicep: from 16.5'' to now 17'' cold

Back