For Mr. Haycock

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd just like to know why the Indian people (at least here in america) all speak english, and usually quite well? Is it a second language there, like spanish is here?</div>

I'm not Indian, but I'm friends and work with with many who've immigrated from India. Yes, English is taught as a second language in India, and many schools also teach a third language (like Tamil). I don't know if this islimited to only the best schools, but everyone I've met from India speaks at least passable English (and many speak better English than your average American).

I sort of thought so. And that was a benevolent thought for the book - with that many people able to read it, it could go well...funny, I just have a hard time picturing those skinny guys we see on tv bulking over there. Heh. Well, best of luck with your program.
Thankyouverymuch! Comeagain.

History Lesson: The British Empire took over India along with many other countries during the Imperialism era. If it was not for them becoming a world power, English wouldn't be the world's most popular language; it would probably be spanish.

everyone is correct.

some schools teach it as a third. some as a forth.

but u are referring to INDIA.

i am from BOMBAY.

bombay is a mix between new york and maimi with 1/3rd of its crime. THEREFORE: things function differently here

i have been studying english as my first language from the time i was born lol....

but then again, i have 6 first languages, so....:)

I am sure Bryan is very well aware that there is plenty of pent-up demand for the HST book. And I'm also sure he wants to get it as 'right' as possible.

I just hope he manages to find a good publisher/printer combination once his work is done. I'm not sure if the company still exists but Elli Darden used Perigee Books, Putnam Publishing Group (a division of G.P, Putnam's Sons, New York) when he published his High Intensity BB books twenty years ago. Mine have held together well after 20 years of being read and flicked through - there are some great pics by Chris Lund.

Being in the graphics business I'd love to see lots of pro illustrations demonstrating the points being made in the text, particularly to aid in understanding any of the more scientific parts. And good photography is a good selling point too. If Bryan is getting this done then that could very well hold things up for a while.

<div>
(Big Boy @ Dec. 14 2006,07:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">without meaning to disrespect you, what does ANY of that ^^^ have to do with my suggestion?</div>
Everything. A lousy looking book won't sell anywhere, including India.

Easy bro! We take rabbit trails here a lot, just enjoying banter and discussion. I agree with Lol that say, ten or so of us are awaiting the book with baited breath...another say, 35 who will buy it. So we on this forum are nothing as far as numbers. Places like Bombay on the other hand...

Lol, I think I have couple of those old books! I remember Chris Lund's photography - good work! PM me on what you do, I might need your help this year with my business.

when is the book being released?

i am buying one for the simple fact that i don't want the same thing to happen to his book as it did with the protein powder. And it will probably be worth reading.

id also like to see him become famous as well as HST as i have a lot of friends who doubt the HST method and wont even try it properly. one friend tried it but wouldn't SD first so i told him not to bother since the trained muscles wouldn't respond to the smaller loads.

another friend tried but a trainer at the ymca who hadn't heard about it told him it was for newbies and he should do HIT even though my friend was a newb since it was his first shot ever working out. i still consider myself a newb and at least i know about HST since last march.

EDIT: I got my girlfriend to do it. Shes lost 2 lbs, her goal is to lose 5. Ive noticed her soft muscles are getting harder and her strength is improved. she was also untrained before. today is our last day of tens.

if Bryan was to popularize it in India, then it might work its way over here eventually. i don't see why people anywhere in the world couldn't order his book online.

Bryan deserves recognition for his hard work.

@ O&amp;G: chill bro...i was just asking a question and now on hindsight i see that his response DOES have something to do. my bad. im sorry. i apologize.

@ &quot;i don't see why people anywhere in the world couldn't order his book online&quot; @ Maximuscrates: books are VERY expensive. and franly, more ppl in bombay would rather spend $50 on supps per month than get a book. but this mentality exists everywhere. which is the problem.

<div>
(Big Boy @ Dec. 12 2006,22:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><span style='color:green'>actually, ill put the idea out here for y'all.

im from bombay, india. u dont need me to tell u how large it is.

right now, it is bursting with new gyms being set up. everyone wants to get into health.

but the same ppl who's parents roll in ferari's refuse to see bb forums.

so, in a way, we are in a dark age i.e. arnold = god.

SO, i wanted to tell mr. haycock that is he was to make a big thing about his book in BOMBAY, he would make a crapload of $$$.

since he is in the business industry he knows right now india's economy is one of the top 3 booming economies. so, this would mean he has larger scope for sales provided he launches his book correctly.

now i am a business major (temporarily) and if he was to do a market analysis using the ansoff matrix, etc he would come to a comclusion that his product would be a &quot;star&quot; in the fitness industry of india. and since right now no one is dominating it and yet SOOOO many people are getting into fitness in the wrong way (HIT) he would be able to dominate the market.

see, this is my idea. and i dont profit from it. but he would. his sales would freaking skyrocket.

ps: i like green hence the color</span></div>
the part about the Ferrari's and the booming economy there in your post led me to believe that money was no issue. I don't know anyone in Canada that drives a Ferrari but i know i spend over $1000 on books (mostly for school).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> i spend over $1000 on books (mostly for school). </div>

I use the libraries.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Maximuscrates @ Dec. 14 2006,16:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Big Boy @ Dec. 12 2006,22:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><span style='color:green'>actually, ill put the idea out here for y'all.

im from bombay, india. u dont need me to tell u how large it is.

right now, it is bursting with new gyms being set up. everyone wants to get into health.

but the same ppl who's parents roll in ferari's refuse to see bb forums.

so, in a way, we are in a dark age i.e. arnold = god.

SO, i wanted to tell mr. haycock that is he was to make a big thing about his book in BOMBAY, he would make a crapload of $$$.

since he is in the business industry he knows right now india's economy is one of the top 3 booming economies. so, this would mean he has larger scope for sales provided he launches his book correctly.

now i am a business major (temporarily) and if he was to do a market analysis using the ansoff matrix, etc he would come to a comclusion that his product would be a &quot;star&quot; in the fitness industry of india. and since right now no one is dominating it and yet SOOOO many people are getting into fitness in the wrong way (HIT) he would be able to dominate the market.

see, this is my idea. and i dont profit from it. but he would. his sales would freaking skyrocket.

ps: i like green hence the color</span></div>
the part about the Ferrari's and the booming economy there in your post led me to believe that money was no issue. I don't know anyone in Canada that drives a Ferrari but i know i spend over $1000 on books (mostly for school).</div>
oh i said that figuratively....if every tom dick and harry owned a ferrari in india would it still be a 3rd world nation? lol..

no, what i meant was that ppl are more willing to spend on stuff which is superficial rather than stuff that actually matters...and this is not just in india...this is worldwide because it is human nature

Back