gaining weight

I

imported_guggen

i eat 3200 calories a day. I gain 0,5 kg (1 pound) each week. This is my second cycle. I cannot be gaining so fast year around. I think i will get fat. If i continue this, i will need to loose fat many times a year. Not just one time each spring. How much do you guys gain each week or month? im not a beginner. I know i have to gain some fat, but im dont think you need an old fashion bulking up getting fat to get more muscles.

how much should i aim to gain per week and month?

Mostly that is up to you and how much you are willing to gain. It also depends on how far you cut when you cut. Personally, I don't like to go over 15% bodyfay, and when I cut I aim to get down to around 6-8%. I bulked last time for about six months and gained a total of 30 lbs, not sure how much of that was fat though. That equals on average about 1 pound a week... but you have to remember that you have SD's and stuff when you probably won't be building any muscle, so take that into account too. But anyway, I think 1 pound a week is conservative enough. At that level, I'm not sure why you would have to constantly do a bulk one month, then a cutter the next. You should be able to bulk that way all winter, cut up in the spring and then spend the summer looking semi-lean like most people try to do.

I used to not eat enough and that limited my gains. I say bulk and stop when you get too fat. Since each of us are different --- there are only general principals and no specific rules. But bulk till you think your are fat enough and then cut. Fear of getting to fat will keep you from eating. Hey it does not happen over night. You can stop it before it gets out of hand. And if you keep training -- cutting should not be too difficult.

Back