Gatordude's Log

So tommorrow is the last day of my first cycle. I'm kinda sad... reminds me of kindergarten when I didn't want to walk across the stage at graduation because I knew the 1st graders didn't get to take naps. Oh well, I'm gonna pull my arse off and see how far I really am from 300. Wish me luck boys.
wink.gif

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Jun. 21 2007,17:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So tommorrow is the last day of my first cycle. I'm kinda sad... reminds me of kindergarten when I didn't want to walk across the stage at graduation because I knew the 1st graders didn't get to take naps. Oh well, I'm gonna pull my arse off and see how far I really am from 300. Wish me luck boys.
wink.gif
</div>
300 squats is great... I have HST legs, plenty of muscle mass but no strength.

What's great about being at the end of your cycle is the bridge to the next cycle. Change it up and optimize it more to your likings. My 10th cycle looks a whole lot different than the A/B split I did for my 1st cycle two years ago.

Final Workout #24

Workout B - MAX DAY

Percentages Based off of my 1RM at the Start of the Cycle

Dips
BW + 70 x 1 (100%)
BW + 80 x 1 (114%)
BW + 90 x 1 (129%)
BW + 100 x 1 (143% YEAH BABY!) PB
BW + 110 x 0 (SO CLOSE!)

Chins
BW + 45 x 1 (100%)
BW + 55 x 1 (122%)
BW + 65 x 1 (144%)
biggrin.gif
PB
BW + 70 x 0 (Half an inch away)

Upright Rows
115 x 1 (100%)
125 x 1 (109%) PB
135 x 0
So that these don't look TOO bad, I'm really, really strict on these. As soon as I had to use momentum to get it going I called it stops.

Deadlift
225 x 1 (100%)
235 x 1 (104%)
245 x 1 (109%)
255 x 0 Next time...  
cool.gif

I'll post a little progress report when I have some extra time with my ranges in pounds, percents, and BW.

Pretty excited
smile.gif
. Yeah my deads and squats still suck... but they certainly made some definite progress over the last 8 weeks. I'm very pleased with my results in the mirror. I know I could have packed on more weight if I had just eaten more... but the gained LBM with nearly no extra BF will be greatly accepted by me. The next week will be a nice SD, and I'm scheduling a deep tissue. My lower back will definitely appreciate that.

I'm looking forward to tweaking a bit for my next one... so be on the lookout for round 2. Thanks for the support boys.

Thanks a lot guys.  Colby, I used just a free barbell.  Since I quit doing forearm iso's and shrugs, I like those because they hit the forearms as well as the traps... as well as my front delts.

I may as well ask while I am here. Something has been bothering me for the past few months. There has been a real trend for strength training around here and people mention the term PB. I know what it means; it's a rep max, but what does PB stand for?

rock.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 22 2007,12:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I know what it means; it's a rep max, but what does PB stand for?</div>
Personal Best! Right, Gator?
biggrin.gif

Final Analysis of Cycle 1

Beginning BW: 143
Ending BW: 150
Net Change: +7 lbs.

Exercises: (Range in lbs. and percents of 1RM)
Incline Bench 125-215 lbs. (65-110%)
Pendlay Rows 120-195 lbs. (65-105%)
Squats 160-265 lbs. (65-105%)
Dumbell Overhead Press 40-70 lbs. (65-108%)

Dips BW+45-100 lbs. (65-143%)
Chins BW+30-65 lbs. (65-144%)
Deadlifts 145-245lbs. (65-109%)
Upright Rows 75-125 lbs. (65-109%)

Pros: Great foundation for strength in many exercises I had not previously done consistantly.  Many new PB's, even in dips, which I have done for quite some time.  Noticeable gain in lbm, and even maintained arm size while doing next to no arm iso's at all.

Cons: Should have eaten MORE MORE MORE.  If normal eating is a 5, and &quot;bulking&quot; eating is a 10, I did about a 7-8.  That extra eating would have probably gotten me an extra 3-5 pounds.  I didn't think the dumbell shoulder presses were very effective.  Not sure why I picked them looking back...

Great strength gains, especially in dips and chins. You nearly maxed at 255 on your deadlift, so don't be surprised if you go even higher on that at the end of your next cycle. Did you have a partner to spot you when doing squats and presses during your post-5's?

I had my dad around the gym if I felt like I needed one. I really, really didn't want to bottom out on squats... so I stopped maxing when I felt like I was within 10 pounds of failure. Yeah, I really wanted 255 of deads... they just seem so much closer to 300 than 245. I'm assuming you meant the dumbells OH presses, and yeah he could have spotted me but I just didn't really like them. I want to switch to barbell next cycle so I can get a greater load up.

I gotcha.. well I'm trying to decide if I want to alternate dips with incline dumbells or flat bench next cycle. My problem is, that this next cycle will run into my return to school next year. The gym I workout at there (our frat house gym) doesn't have an incline barbell bench... which is what I'd prefer to continue. Any thoughts?

Shorten your cycle so that it will end before you return to school. That is what I have always done. Luckily, school is up and my cycles don't have to be too long or short.

Back