Going to start my 3rd cycle ! Couple of questions

RoastedToast

Hi, I've done 2 HST cycles so far, improved all my lifts by 5-10%, it was pretty good.

I'm thinking of including myo-reps in my training, but I've read that myoreps are good all by themselves, so no more 15/10/5 rep ranges.

Maybe calculate my 10RM and start like this:

Week 1 : 60%
Week 2 : 65%
Week 3 : 70%
Week 4 : 75%
Week 5 : 80%
Week 6 : 85%
Week 7 : 90%
Week 8 : 95%

And each week going 10 reps for the activation set, then followed by 3x5 myoreps. The resting time should be about 10 deep breaths.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I still recommend a load and rep progression even if you use Myo-reps, the obviously work great but don’t exclude the basics.

But how do I implement the Myo-Reps principle into HST? Instead of doing 2x15, 2x10 and 3x5 each micro-cycle, should I be doing one activation set for each exercise and then 3-4 myo-reps?

Read the article: http://borgefagerli.com/myo-reps-in-english/

The total number of reps is auto-regulated. For the 15s I would only do one set. For the 10s, you COULD do 1 regular set, then one Myo-rep set (full activation + 3x series). For the 5s, I would just work up to a heavy set or two of 5, without Myo-reps. Then drop the load and add a 12-15 +4x or 15-20 +5x Myo-rep set for the additive metabolic effects. This way you preserve the progressive loading, but also the variable of progressive Work (load*sets*reps) without overstressing the CNS.

Week 1+2

2x15 with increasing loads throughout the week

Week 3+4

Quick Warmup

1x10 with increasing loads throughout the week

1 Myo-Rep set ( Activation [8-12] + 3-4 x 3 )

Week 5+6

2x5 with increasing loads throughout the week

Drop load ( Activation [12-15 reps] + 4-5 x 3 )

How's that for a plan?

Yup. You would probably be fine doing 2 sets of 10 and saving the Myo-reps for the 5s, too - or for later phases when you are more advanced and resilient to volume and loading.

Back