Growing arms over 18"

Omega

Good article, I quite agree there are a lot of inflated ego's out ther claiming 24" arms and such what a lot of bolloney!

If Sergio's arms where just over 20", and they were huge, how can one hope to have such arms when you not at least his height and is weight?

A lot of BB'ers should be walking on their hands as per their arm size comments, right? BS...I say...BS.
laugh.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 10 2006,17:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That's what a lot of people on the board. specifically Dan concluded late last year about isolations.  They are useful in the 15's and 10's, but the heavy weight of the 5's and negs for the compounds will be enough!</div>
Depending on the movement of course, doing heavy squats won't help increase your arms too well
wink.gif

Well not unless you believe the muscle mags. Squats can make everything grow, probably even your genitalia from what they suggest. I'm surprised there aren't guys getting gyno from squats.

Seriously though, the only compounds that contribute greatly to arm size for me have been rows, chins and bench press - deadlifts seem to get the forearms fairly good as well.

There is a guy at my gym who makes me rethink the whole squat thing to grow big arms. I have literallay never seen him do ANYTHING except some form of curls. He wont bench or work tris or chest.

Now he does have pretty decent size arms and if I had to guess they are around 17.5&quot; but his legs look like a 12 year old girl.

<div>
(Spyke @ May 23 2006,10:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have literallay never seen him do ANYTHING except some form of curls.

Now he does have pretty decent size arms and if I had to guess they are around 17.5&quot; but ...</div>
The way I see it, is since arm size is mostly tricep &amp; he only does curls, yet achieves 17.5 (approx) arms, he must have very good genetics for bi's.

I would say he is not a good indication that squating is not benificial in building arms.

I have a friend that has big arms (huge triceps &amp; small biceps) and is in no way serious about his training, almost never works out. His brother is the same, for them it's genetics.

does anyone know of anyone that has gone 17&quot;+ naturally? (under 12% bf)

does anyone know anyone that has made it naturally to 17&quot; using only compounds? (under 12% bf)

i am at 16&quot; naturally and 17&quot; is my goal...just curious about how others are doing.

JW, I'm at 16.5&quot; cold now after SD (just shy of 17&quot; after a set of 25 pressups). Seven months ago I was at 14.75&quot;. I've probably got around 15% bf right now. I am on a long, slow bulk over the next few years so I really hope I can break the 17&quot; cold barrier in that time (and perhaps add a bit more) before doing a cut.

<div>
(Lol @ May 23 2006,20:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">JW, I'm at 16.5&quot; cold now after SD (just shy of 17&quot; after a set of 25 pressups). Seven months ago I was at 14.75&quot;. I've probably got around 15% bf right now.</div>
Hi LOL,
From 14.75 to 16.5 in 7 months is &quot;Fantastic&quot;!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

1. How many HST cycles have you done in those 7 months?
2. Were you working out prior to those 7 months?

What I'm trying to learn is if your gains were newbie gains (or muscle memory). If neither are true, then was it HST that gave you the gains you mention? I just finished my first cycle &amp; had great results. I'm hoping to have continued progress in future cycles, so if it was HST, then maybe my next cycle will be great as well.
Also, how much weight did you gain?

Thx,
Omega
tounge.gif

Hey Omega,

If you check the gains thread I think I've put a fair bit of info there but, at the risk of coming across as a stuck record, here's the lowdown:

I have now completed three cycles and have started my fourth.

I was training HIT for a few months prior to starting up HST. It was only when I started HST that I got my diet right (thanks to all the info here) and actually gave my body enough calories to grow. When I started training (HIT) I was 165lb and now I'm up to 205lb (I hit 210 at the end of my last cycle but it must have been a bit of extra fluid as I've dropped back to 205 after SD)! So that's 40lbs in 9 months. I was pretty lean when I started bulking and now I'm up to about 15% bf. However, I'm not too worried about it. I have some lifting goals to meet first.
smile.gif
My squat 5RM has gone from 235lb to 315lb over the first three cycles. My deads have gone from 300 to 375.

I did train 20 years ago (HIT style) but never made gains like I am now. I am rather blown away myself but I am expecting things to slow down somewhat from now on. However, as long as I'm making progress I'm a happy bunny. The most annoying thing is that my clothes don't fit anymore. I split a nice jacket the other day and my legs won't fit in my jeans anymore! Cool!
biggrin.gif

Thx LOL,

Congrats on your &quot;continued results/gains&quot;. Very impressive to say the least (165-205/210).
Well, I'm very happy with the results I got from HST, though I didn't start to make gains unitl the 5's when I started to eat, eat, eat. Your results show that its possibile to make gains with additional cycles. My fear was that after my first cycle, the tank may be empty and there might be no further improvement. You have given me hope!

Keep up the good work,
Omega

Back