Hello newbie here and I need a little help

Discussion in 'Basic Training Principles and Methods' started by scout, Jan 8, 2014.

1. scout

scout New Member

I was wondering if you could help me with my first cycle of HST.
    I would like to do alternate exercises for my A and B days for my 15, 10, and 5 Rep ranges.
    You are suppose to do each exercise 3 times a week for 2 weeks at 15, 10, and 5 rep ranges for a total of 6 weeks and then negatives for week 7 and 8. The question is If I do alternate exercises for all the rep ranges am I supposed to do each exercise for 2 weeks, if so I would be doing each exercise 6 times in that 2 week period right?
    But some of the exercise are in both A and B workouts so I would be doing some 6 times and the others only 4 times in the 2 weeks Here is my workout

w/o A:
    Bench Press
    Inverted rows
    close grip bench press
    close grip chin ups
    squats
    rear delt flies
    barbell shoulder press
    core

w/o B:
    incline bench
    pullups
    close grip bench press
    DB lateral raises
    DB shoulder press
    close grip pulldowns
    barbell curls
    DB lunges

Thank you very much for your help.

2. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

The exercises that are in both workouts will be done 6 times every two weeks and the exercises that are specific to each split will be done three times. For the exercises that are done 6 times the increments should be 75/80/85/90/95/100% and for those done three times you should increase 80/90/100%

3. scout

scout New Member

Thank You for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

5. scout

scout New Member

Thank you Alex
    That link has a lot of great info in it very good reference sheet .....I will be going over it often, again thanks.