Help!

Jazzer

Well, here we go then...
I quit smoking at New Year after 20 years of it. Next in my sights is my drinking problem. I am not chemically addicted to alcohol but I get through3 to 4 litres of 5% beer in a night. This used to be every night but is now 3 or 4 nights a week.
Don't ask how I got myself into such a destructive way of life because I really don't know.
Training has always been there since school but usually sporadic although surprisingly (with this lifestye) I have made some good gains since finding HST.
What I am curious about is after years of this sort of battering, how long will it take for my body chemistry to regain some sort of balance? - I know alcohol screws up your hormones. I am also eager to get rid of the gut I've spent years building. What sort of diet would be best to follow?
I have looked for info on all this but most articles seem to concentrate on the damage done and not what to expect coming out the other end.
TIA,
Jazzer  
smile.gif

Hmm, it wouldn't let me modify.
Just to clarify the diet question, what would be the best diet to get rid of beer belly (viceral fat?) in the shortest time.
TIA
Jazzer
smile.gif

I got rid of my beer belly when I stopped drinking beer, started drinking green tea and ate at a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day. Worked out and did cardio.

Since I have started bulking again the belly is back but not as bad as it was. I do drink on the weekends again too.

Keystone

hey, jazzer, congratulations... it takes a lot of determinatin to change some habits..... keystone told you the fundamental things you need to do to get rid of the belly and start really getting fit...... hey, just a warning, your determination will be tested once and again.... by your friends, your colleagues, etc., the ones you used to go out with.... but don't pay attention at other people with different objectives from yours..... at the beginning they will say good.... after 6 months of your disappearance they will start criticizing you a lot.... is it life ??... lifting like an AH everyday ?.... etc., etc., etc...... it has been happening to me now but I just watch their bellies and shitty appearance to realize I am on the right track......and I have never drunk more than 3 cans of beers in 1 session !!!!......and my yearly consumption used to be like...... 1 pack, he he he.... now, it is nul

Cheers for posting guys. Its so easy when you're young to get into wrong habits like you say with freinds or colleagues etc. After finding HST I could see that it was making a positive difference even with all the bad stuff so it is sort of egging me on to clean up my act and try it for real.
Jazzer
smile.gif

Yeh, you can do it. Let us know how you get on. It would be really helpful for you to find some friends that are interested in health/fitness/bodybuilding because being surrounded by positive understanding people will make it a lot easier to quit.
biggrin.gif

You can definitely do it. I smoked for about 15 years and quit about 3 years ago when my wife got pregnant. I was a heavy drinker also. I would drink about a 12 pack a night and did that for about 15 years too. 12 was a normal night, weekends watch out, lol. Still don't smoke and only drink on the weekends. I am not the perfect saint but I have cut way back when compared to my old ways.

Keystone

Back