High carbs low fat/protein

Mindwraith

After 3 days now using Fitday.com I've discovered that I'm taking in no where near the carbs I thought I was. Instead of carbs-fat-protein being 40-30-30 I'm at 29-34-39 or something similar. Thought I'd try and up the carbs and lower the fat some today but not sure how.

Look for lower-fat sources of protein: leaner meat, or non-meat products: I just had some breakfast "sausage" patties with my Egg Beaters. Fat content? Egg Beaters: zero. morningstar Farms veggie Breakfast Patties: each has 3g fat, 10g protein (compare to 12g fat in real pork sausage.)

Adding the carbs is easy once you reduce the fat. Bread, pasta, veggies, etc.

I figured out one way with some experimenting on fitday, a couple extra servings of oatbran will do it, or 4 slices of bread. Thats gonna be almost 40g of fiber a day lol.

EDIT: Found that 1 banana and 1 apple thrown in there daily will fix the problem totally.

Yes, they're in the frozen section, but they're frequently in a 'special' section for vegetarian stuff. . . but veggie burgers, Quorn products, faux chicken nuggets, and stuff like that.

I know about these because I've been vegetarian for 12 years, but they're a good adjunct for anyone's diet. It's not animal protein, so it's easier to provide macronutrient balances favoring protein without so much fat. Mileage may vary based on product, so read your labels.

Also, some are nasty, and some are great. Morningstar Farms does well by me for all their products. I REALLY like the Quorn products, but the breading on the chicken nuggest can be too much if you're cutting carbs. The various veggie burgers vary widely in flavor and ability to simulate meat (some of the best tasting aren't necessarily trying too hard to simulate meat), and they all have a favorable protein/fat ratio when compared to ground beef. They can be a bit pricey, thoguh.

Back