Home Gym Log

<div>
(bgates1654 @ Jul. 02 2008,10:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Only thing you need now, if you dont already have it, is something to do pullups on.</div>
Actually, the IronMaster bench has a pullup attachment.  It fits in the accessory channel and you put the bench vertical.  I have one, but since getting my rack I have not used it.  

Of course, it costs a few more bucks, too.

I think the next thing I need to look into is a platform or mats of some type. I'm not the most crafty person, never used a circular hand saw before, nor do I have the time needed to work on a platform (It would take me at least four hours, trust me). Are there any out there that I can buy?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 10 2008,8:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm not the most crafty person, never used a circular hand saw before</div>
Just this summer I've had two friends injure themselves terribly with just such tools.

One guy is a professional carpenter. He just missed taking off his whole thumb. Instead he just lost a big chunk off the side of it.

The other guy is a Russian friend who ripped up four fingers with a router.

Be careful out there with those power tools...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Be careful out there with those power tools... </div>

which is why I am looking to buy one
rock.gif

When I built my platform I jsut had them cut it in store (Home Depot). They did it for free, but there is usually a small fee. The only reason they needed cut was because I wanted a 6x8 platofrm. The plywood came in 4x8 sheets. Platforms are usually 8x8 so no cuts are needed. Horse stall matting from a farm supply company works great as mats. Just need wood screws and wood glue.

<div>
(bgates1654 @ Jul. 10 2008,4:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When I built my platform I jsut had them cut it in store (Home Depot). They did it for free, but there is usually a small fee. The only reason they needed cut was because I wanted a 6x8 platofrm. The plywood came in 4x8 sheets. Platforms are usually 8x8 so no cuts are needed. Horse stall matting from a farm supply company works great as mats. Just need wood screws and wood glue.</div>
It seems that the price of these platforms are outrageous (&gt; $700). I could have a place such as Home Depot do the cuts; I would pay for that. What about the rubber matting? Did Home Depot cut that as well or is it sold in a standard size that can be used for a platform?

Thanks for the input bgates!

I just chalk lined it then cut it with a razor. Just make the first cut nice and straight then the razor will follow the groove. The mats are tough and thick so it takes quite a few strokes. The mats that I got came in 4x6 sheets, so I jsut had to split mine down the middle lengthwise. For an 8x8 wit h2 mat layers you would need to split 3 down the middle lengthwise and make 4 2x2s from the 3rd mat.

Back