HS:N

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by steini, Oct 20, 2004.

1. steini

steini New Member

Hey there,

I've got some questions about the HS:N plan from the "eating for size" acticle.

1st: Bryan writes:

MEAL 1
    6 eggs (2 yolks)
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 piece fruit

What does he mean with 6 eggs and 2 yolks? 6 full eggs and 2 yolks additionally? Or 6 white eggs with 2 yolks?

I'm from switzerland, so I didn't know oz, an oz is 28 gramms right?

And how much is a cup? Wikipedia says 250ml, but rice for example hasn't got the same density as water, so I'm a bit confused.

Isn't it a problem to eat that much of tuna every day? I mean .. the mercury problem, you know .. :confused:

And what do you take in place of pre post nutrition on non workout days?

phew, a lot of questions ;), but thanks in advance,

Simon

2. leegee38

leegee38 Member

I'll take a stab at a couple of the questions, Steini. I assume Bryan meant 2 whole eggs and 4 that are just the whites. Oz does stand for "ounce", which is pretty close to 28 grams. 28.35 to be exact. A cup can also be thought of as 8 oz., so you are looking at about 226.8 grams of rice.
    I wouldn't be terribly concerned with precise measurements of the food, Steini. I think Bryan was more trying to show you the general concept. You can alter the portion sizes to suit your own metabolism. Good luck!

3. Dont_quit

Dont_quit New Member

it doesn't have to be tuna. tuna is just easy. you could easily make your own meat or get canned chicken breast.

and i agree with leegee38's post