HSN CLA?

I

imported_debo

Apologies if I'm behind the curve on this one, but my understanding is that the limited scientific studies on CLA are generally leaning towards the 10, 12 isomer being the active ingredient of CLA, and that the 9, 11 isomer isn't very effective, if at all.
Consequently, when you use Tonalin CLA, a 50/ 50 blend of the two isomers, you're effectively wasting half of your money.
I was thinking that of all the people in the sports supplement industry I would trust to research which isomer is indeed the most effective, and to produce a high quality pure isomer product (9, 11 OR 10, 12, whichever future research showed was the active ingredient), it would be Bryan/ HSN. Whilst I realise that this might be an expensive process, I'm sure that a)HSN could team up with other companies, thus spreading the risk, and that
b)the appeal of such a product throughout the wider fatloss industry (not just the bodybuilding industry) would justify the costs
Anyone keen for that?

I priced having isomers isolated in quantities other than for "research purposes" and it would be outrageously expensive.

Plus, the two isomers act in different ways. The 9,11 isomer is a PPAR-alpha agonist (good) and the 10,12 isomer is a PPAR-gamma agonist ("can be" good). 9.11 promotes fat loss while 10,12 promotes insulin sensitivity.

The stance that HSN takes on supplements is that there should be no question about whether or not a products works (is useful) or not. That is why current and future HSN products will be very straight foward.

In the next several weeks Prime+ and Drive+ will become available...two great MRPs for those who like Primer and Driver. Following that look forward to CLA and EPA/DHA gelcaps. All of these products are useful year round and make sense economically for a serious lifter to use in their diets. There are no "steroid alternatives" or esoteric herbal extracts that play on people's weakness for magic bullets.

I think I got a little off topic there...sorry.

Whats the ETA on the CLA and EPA/DHA products?

Oh, and the HST book!!
crazy.gif
:D

I am getting old from all the waiting...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dont be offended by this. Though i applaud and welcome the stance HSN takes on supplements, i feel that things are progressing really slow here as compared to other developments in the industry (eg: Lyle's UD2 is out, Avant's Leptigen too. The HST book mentioned a year ago isnt).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spencer @ Sep. 22 2003,1:44)]Whats the ETA on the CLA and EPA/DHA products?
Oh, and the HST book!!
crazy.gif
:D
I am getting old from all the waiting...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dont be offended by this. Though i applaud and welcome the stance HSN takes on supplements, i feel that things are progressing really slow here as compared to other developments in the industry (eg: Lyle's UD2 is out, Avant's Leptigen too. The HST book mentioned a year ago isnt).
No offense taken Spencer. :) And you are right about things progressing slow. I wish they could go faster and am doing every thing I can to get the book and new products out. Sometimes I just stretch myself too thin...

I would say look for the EFAs at the beginning of the year.

Bryan,

You dont have to answer this but i am just curious, what are you also busy with besides HSN/HST? Obviously, it will be as important (if not more) as this or else you wouldnt be stretching yourself thin? Are you doing personal coaching as well?

I thought since HSN/HST is your pet project, we would see you put the main focus here.

I think i speak for everyone when i say we want you to get rich and turn HSN/HST into a success.
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spencer @ Sep. 23 2003,8:40)]Bryan,
You dont have to answer this but i am just curious, what are you also busy with besides HSN/HST? Obviously, it will be as important (if not more) as this or else you wouldnt be stretching yourself thin? Are you doing personal coaching as well?
I thought since HSN/HST is your pet project, we would see you put the main focus here.
I think i speak for everyone when i say we want you to get rich and turn HSN/HST into a success.
thumbs-up.gif
Well, to tell you the truth, I don't take a paycheck from HSN or anything related to HSN & HST. That being the case, I have to make money on side jobs, mostly writing. On top of that, I wear way too many hats with HSN. In the future when HSN is selling well enough to expand, I need to hire more help.

As a side note, HSN/HST IS my main focus. I am committed to seeing it survive these first couple years and growing into a well respcted company people can trust. that is the main reason I don't take any money from it. I don't anything to hinder its ability to survive/grow during these difficult first couple years.

Are sources of CLA all the same for every brand product?
I bought EAS "CLA 80+" and the ingredient list says 'modified carnola oil' or smth similar, it sounds a little weird to me so I was wondering if there are many ways to obtain CLA.

Back