HST Calculator Instructions

I just have one last question.. you probably think that I'm stupid or something, but I really need all answers before I start working out after HST..
In your second week, you'll train with your max weight for 15 reps. But after those weeks you'll start to train with 10 reps and your max weight in 10 reps isn't the same as in 15 reps. So my question is... How are you going to know what your max weight in 15 reps are after those two weeks?

After a 8 week long cycle, are you going to take one week of rest then? Without weightlifting? And if this is the case, can you do some cardio under this week?
The best is to sit around and move nothing heavier than the remote for your tv. Try to have people bring you things while you sit and rest.

Life is good.

I just have one last question.. you probably think that I'm stupid or something, but I really need all answers before I start working out after HST..
In your second week, you'll train with your max weight for 15 reps. But after those weeks you'll start to train with 10 reps and your max weight in 10 reps isn't the same as in 15 reps. So my question is... How are you going to know what your max weight in 15 reps are after those two weeks?

Some people suggest testing your RM's the week after completeing an HST cycle and then beginning SD. Since I strive to hit near failure with my goal weight on the 15th, 10th, or 5th rep of the last workout of each two week block, and am able to do that about 75% of the time, I have a good idea of what my max's are so I simply use my end weights of one cycle, add 5-10% and set my weights for the next cycle.

I've always used my own excel calculator based on the HST-principles (75%, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95%, 100% of xx RM), 48 hours between trainings, etc. It's quite simple to make one for yourself, but I have uploaded my own if you want to use it.

Of course, you will need to have Microsoft Excel/Open Office to be able to open and use the calculator. However, this calculator allows decimals and automatically calculates the weight for each day based on 5% weight increase from day to day. If you're going to print it, you have to print it vertically to make it fit. See attachment for download.

(I hope it's okay with the HST-admins that I am distributing a HST-calculator that has the HST logo in it).

Last edited:
hey gang

i havent been around for a while but im coming back to have another go around at this. i have moved and lost all my logs so im starting fresh, can someone post up this spreadsheet again?

cheers!

Man I hate dig up this thread to ask this but this is the best thread on the topic I have found.

If I'm only doing 1-3 sets per exercise, which weights do I choose from columns 1-5? There are 5 increments to choose from I have no idea which to use.

I just want to figure out this calculator so I can start the program!

Back