HST For Dummies

Discussion in 'Basic Training Principles and Methods' started by EctoSquat, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Kurt.

Age gene to beat here too! [​IMG]

I didn't regular deadlift for my first six months of HST but I squatted and SLDLed 3 x weekly and made great progress. Once I got into heavy deads, though, I think my back started to strengthen and thicken up more. That is something I'm really glad I did as my lower back is now stronger than it has ever been. So, I'd definitely recommend incorporating regular deadlifts at some point in the future.

I look forward to reading your log.

2. TunnelRat

TunnelRat Active Member

<div>
    (Lol @ Oct. 25 2005,10:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My question is:

After completing a cycle, would it not be best to figure out new RMs for any different exercices I want to include in my next cycle before starting SD?

I would have thought that if I SDed and then returned to the gym to work out my new RMs I would spoil the effect of my SD and so would have to do it all over again?!

It's not that I would be swapping out many exercises, perhaps four or five, so working out 15,10 &amp; 5 RMs wouldn't be too taxing, but I still feel that I'd like to start on a cycle immediately following SD.</div>
    Wow! One of Lol's very first newby posts!

How things change...!
    <div>
    (Kurt @ Mar. 19 2008,21:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We know we will have the age gene to beat as well</div>
    I have several pairs of old jeans, too. So far that hasn't been a limitation on HST... [​IMG]

3. colby2152

colby2152 New Member

Yeah, I remember when LOL first joined the HST community online! It wasn't too long after that I knew he would stay and be a great addition!

4. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

Aw, shucks you guys. [​IMG]

Hey TR, things haven't changed that much. I still feel very at home on this thread but I do venture out a bit more these days.  [​IMG]

5. Ceblan210

Ceblan210 New Member

Hi !

It is probably a stupid question but.. : how often do I need to repeat those exercices ? For example for the bench press, how often do I need to make the 15 rep ? Only once or more ?

Sorry for my bad english I'm a foreigner :)