Hypertrophy Research

Bryan Haycock

Administrator
Staff member
This forum was created as a place for people to discuss published research on skeletal muscle hypertrophy.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 28 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bryan, was this an idea between you and Dan? Either way - hooray!</div>
Yes, please feel free to carry over any discussions that were interrupted on Dan's forum.

<div>
(Bryan Haycock @ Mar. 28 2008,14:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 28 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bryan, was this an idea between you and Dan? Either way - hooray!</div>
Yes, please feel free to carry over any discussions that were interrupted on Dan's forum.</div>
I suspected as much. Good deal!

Bryan, good on you to do this for Dan, mate.

We all need to &quot;drop by&quot; here form time to time!
cool.gif

Is there any chance that Dan might post at least some of the research that was on his old Hypertrophy Research site here? Sadly, I didn't keep a lot of that info as I thought it would always be around.
sad.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is there any chance that Dan might post at least some of the research that was on his old Hypertrophy Research site here? Sadly, I didn't keep a lot of that info as I thought it would always be around.  </div>
I agree! I have never had the chance to look at that info, because the site was already down when I heard of it. Maybe he can make a torrent file or something.

Adding to lol's post i would also like to have access to the research which gave rise to HST..i am currently planning my 3rd year project for my degree in exercise science and finding research to provide evidence of the correct way to train to stimulate hypertrophy is very hard. even just for my personal use as it would be interesting to critique some of the papers to see what methodolgy the authors used in their studies, and to see how externaly valid the experments were.

Also is there any review papers or articles that any of the HST team have published?? i mean hypertrophy-specific papers.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Feb. 25 2009,2:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anybody have a copy of Wernboms review of his 40 to 60 rep research?

I can't remember the title of the paper???</div>
Joe PM me with your email

Hi Bryan,

I'm interested in looking at the actual research jurneys that led to your development of the HST-principles, like the 5% increase of training weight from day to day (75%,80%,85%,90%,95%,100%), more spesific what kind of exercises were used to prove that this degree of increase led to the highest degree of skeletal muscle hypertrophy.

The reason why is that I'm wondering what kind of 15,10,5 RM weight you are supposed to use when performing body weight exercises like dips, chins, etc. If you add 50 lbs to your dips belt and weight 100 lbs, do you set 150 lbs as RM or 50? I suppose you use 150 lbs, but I'd like to study the journals to get a clarification. Thanks.

Back