I is noob - SD & Cycle Question

Discussion in 'Basic Training Principles and Methods' started by hark, May 20, 2013.

1. hark

hark New Member

Hey guys. I'm new to HST.

A bit about me:
    A week ago, I was displeased with my current state of muscle during my cut.
    My muscles looked soft and I felt like I wasn't making any progress cut-wise or muscle-wise. Whether this was due to the improper gymbrogohard6daysaweek training I was doing with a ridiculous amount of sets hitting my muscles from "different angles" or because I was in a caloric deficit, I wasn't sure.

Anyways, I decided that I would do 1 bulking cycle of HST for 6 six weeks and see how it went from there. A lot of people seemed to like HST and the more read about it, the better it sounded.

Last week, I tested all my maxes as suggested per the HST Book. This week, I'm supposed to start my SD.

Problem is, I was just alerted by my family that they want to go on a vacation with me to Mexico from 6/10 to 6/17. Exactly a week. Now, this seems like the IDEAL time to start my SD. No need to work out and seek a gym during this time and just relax as opposed to doing my SD this week.

I'm not really sure what to do anymore...do another program? Stick with HST but in a modified manner?

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you so much!

FYI my bulking plan is to have 3 high-carb days, 4 low-carb days as per carb cycling. Low-carb days, I hit maintenance calories and high-carb days I go 20% over maint cals.
    (I know, it's the daily/weekly macronutrient goals that affect body composition the most but on a day-to-day aesthetic basis, my face looks really bloated if I eat carbs and don't exercise.)

During my SD, I was planning on having a low-carb week with maintenance calories.
    On track practice, I would up my calories by a bit and carbs by a smidgen but the week is still primarily high-fat.
    Protein doesn't change no matter what.