I only feel my arm muscles

jeemigdepeemig

Hey all,

I'm in my first ten's of my first HST cycle. Everything is going great but i have one question.

Whatever i'm doing the shoulderpress, benchpress or bent over row i never feel muscle fatigue in the muscles accept for my arm muscles. If i do a benchpress for example i was expecting to feel my chest muscles filling with acid but i only feel my arms. After the excersise my chest muscles are very warm but i feel no muscle 'pain' in them.

Is this normal?

PS I use dumbells for all excersises

Greetings,
Joris

maybe you should add a little more volume but then 'pain' or the burning sensation isn't really my indication of having a good workout...

you will usually feel the burn during the 15s because of the high number of reps... i experienced the same thing..i dont feel that much burn during the 10s ..but then again it is alright...let not the feeling of the burn dictate your gains :)

Make sure you have good form. For example on your bench press, make sure that your arms are 'squared' and keep your elbows out, keep them away from the sides of your body. Go down until you feel a good stretch in your pecs.

Don't listen to s7e.

Elbows should stay in with any benching movement. Don't let them flare out or you will end up with rotator cuff problems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Oct. 01 2004,12:12)]Don't listen to s7e.
Elbows should stay in with any benching movement. Don't let them flare out or you will end up with rotator cuff problems.
I hate to disagree, here is a good article on bench pressing by Charles Staley. But if you really want to know IM Aaron_F he is a competitive Powerlifter and I am sure he can tell ya the right way.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/staley4.htm

If you say you only feel the arm muscles contracting the most then you may actually benefit from letting the elbows flare out a little. I feel the long head of my triceps working much harder when my elbows are in compared to outwards. Letting them flare out somewhat seems to give me the best contraction of the chest that I can.

Back