Im Coming Back To Hst

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by maxy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. maxy

maxy New Member

Hi everyone! Long time no see, i was using HST for many years until 2017 where i try other models, basically RTP and leangain protocol from Martin Berkhan and Andy Morgan. Yesterday i was looking old pictures of mine and i really like how i look back then when i was still doing HST. I dont feel regrets because i lear quite a bit in my journey, specially good form/technic and have become stronger too. My last HST session was with a DL with 90 kilograms (i know, shame on me) and last week DL was with 165 kilograms for 5 reps (rtp). But i am feeling drained, i liked HST setup, the light WOs in the beginning of each cycle and the proper use of SD. So i decided to give HST a try again, this is the routine i have prepare:

Day A

DL 2x10+Warm up @ 120 kg
    flat bench 2x10+WU @60
    Pulldown 2x10+WU @70
    Seated cable rows 1x10 @70
    Standing military press 2x10 @30 (i really suck at this lol)
    Triceps pushdown 1x15 @50
    DB alternate Bis 1x15 @10 (my left elbow hurts)

Day B

Squat 2x10+Warm up @ 100 kg
    flat bench 2x10+WU @65
    Pulldown 2x10+WU @75
    Seated cable rows 1x10 @75
    Standing military press 2x10 @32.5
    Triceps pushdown 1x15 @52.5
    DB alternate Bis 1x15 @10

This is what i have been doing until yesterday (RPT):

Mon:
    DL 2x 6 @165
    Iso hammer row 3x8 @82,5

Wed:
    Bench 3x8 @92,5
    Standing MP 3x8 @42.5
    Triceps pushdown 2x20 @57

Fri:
    Squat 3x10 @120
    Pullup 3x8 @22,5+body weight
    Incline bench press 2x [email protected] (usually 18 reps with 60-70% of bench press, 60 kg)

So this is it. This week i am doing a deload because i feel i need it, i weight 82 kg now, probably at 15 body fat, and i want to be at 10%, something around 77-75 kg, i guess.

I was not participating in this forum and not being in touch with HST for a while, i have downloaded the "manual" pinned in the forum and for what i can see not much changed, please any help would be much appreciated. If you need to know anything let me know.

Thank you in advance, a big hug from Argentina

NWlifter likes this.
  2. Bryan Haycock

Bryan Haycock Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back maxy!

NWlifter likes this.
  3. maxy

maxy New Member

Thank you so much Bryan! Its nice to be back :)