I'm New, Please help me get started on to the HST Program

As I said before I'm no expert... But your program looks good indeed!

The only thing I'd probably change, if this was my program, is to alternate shoulder press with rear lateral raise (on workout 2-4-6) to get some exercise to back of your shoulders.... But considering you said that your shoulders are ok and you like shoulder press 3 times a week (And I think Bentover Row also targets back of shoulder a little), youre fine. That's only what I'd do myself (have to improve my shoulders). Like toolman said were all different ;)

-P

Hi actually I think you read wrong, I meant I wanted to train shoulders 3 times in 2 weeks as its would be in a split. As I dont care about the size and sterngth as I already have great shoulders I will put up a picture in my avatar for you to see. But then realised as I dont really want to rotate them with side laterals or rear I might as weel train them 3 timesa week 6 times in 2 weeks moving the weight up in small increments. As I remember A expert rep Totentanz laid out the exercises for me as said to train shoulders in every split. So I ahve started this yesterday monday I will go in and do split B. I just hope my shoulders dont get to sored up. As then might mean I get weaker on bench etc..

Thanks

Just leave it at 100% for now instead of 5% over, don't do any tweaking like that until you feel comfortable running HST and altering it yourself. Also, it will depend on what you are doing at the time, such as if you are bulking or cutting, during a cut it is unlikely you will be able to hit 5% over your maxes at the end of each rep range, during a bulk you most likely will.

I agree I will just run it as it as.. I just dont get the part where you said I will eventually increase 5% weight on workout 6 on ecah exercises meaning a increase of strength if i was on bulk. How does that work out. as for example I maxed out on bench press 80kg for 15 so by workout 6 for bench press I should not do 80kg but try 82.5kg for 15 reps. Is this what you meant.. Thanks

Sorry for the lack of replies. I don't know about you, but I work 45 to 60 hours a week and go to the gym 3 to 4 days on top of that, so there are plenty of days when I just peek in for a moment or just don't peek in on this site at all. I try to answer any questions that nobody else has gotten to yet, but sometimes some slip through the cracks or don't get answered right away. I apologize.

Anyway, it looks like you've grasped laying out your cycle now.

Its ok.. Never menat to say it the wrong way just mentioned it. I really appreciate you help as you are the expert and you advice for a newbie is the best I got get.. Thanks Please see my reply above..

Myself, I don't even worry about that whole 5% increase thing because what I do is after the 5s, I continue doing 5 reps and just increase the load by 5% every workout until I find my new 5 rep max, then I use those numbers to lay out my next cycle. I would also recommend either once you find your new 5 RM, sticking with that for two weeks or doing a couple weeks of 3s afterward. When you are using your 5 rep max, that load will be effective for a couple weeks, so you can keep at it for a while to maximize your muscle gains before you take an SD.

Its ok.. Never menat to say it the wrong way just mentioned it. I really appreciate you help as you are the expert and you advice for a newbie is the best I got get.. Thanks Please see my reply above..

Don't worry about it, I was just explaining the delay so you don't think I was just ignoring you.

Myself, I don't even worry about that whole 5% increase thing because what I do is after the 5s, I continue doing 5 reps and just increase the load by 5% every workout until I find my new 5 rep max, then I use those numbers to lay out my next cycle. I would also recommend either once you find your new 5 RM, sticking with that for two weeks or doing a couple weeks of 3s afterward. When you are using your 5 rep max, that load will be effective for a couple weeks, so you can keep at it for a while to maximize your muscle gains before you take an SD.

Don't worry about it, I was just explaining the delay so you don't think I was just ignoring you.

Thats cooll its ok there would be no reason why you would ignore me right, lol..

Anway weeks 5-6 5 reps and week 7-8 train at 3 reps using the above eercises, is this what you meant. Thanks..

Just want to ask you 1 thing I dont really want to do shoulders every day instead just want to do them in split A. As im thinking it could hinder my gains and keep me sore or weak on becnh as i go through the program. What do you think.. This will only mean on split A i will be training 5 exercises and on split B I will be training 4 exercises.

Some might disagree but I think it would be fine in the overall scheme of things.

Hi was this reply for trining shoulders once at split A,, Or training at 3 reps in weeks 7-8, Sorry just bit confused..

Any I have decided to do shoulder press in every split incrementionthe weight by 2.5kg total each day.
Iv just come back from gym and did my first workout on split B. Wednesday will go back in and perform my 2nd wokrout on split A and then keep it moving therafter..

I would like to ask you should I log this as its my first run on Hst and I think it deserves to be logged. Should I just post a new thread in the training logs section.
Thanks

As Most guys would kNOW I started my log 6 weeks back. It has been going great and I gained some great mass on arms and back and legs. So far Im on week 6. The strength increase is very noticebale know. Cant wait to get deeper into weeks 7 and 8.

I have a question so thought Id type in my thread again. Ok as you know Iv started week 6 today thats doing each exercises for 3 sets for 5 reps. I would like some1 to help answer How do I train for weeks 7 and 8. I will not be doing negatives as I would need atleast 3 spotters So I thinks its better for me to d another 2 weeks at 3 sets for 5 reps.

My question is My current 6 week at 5 rep max using 100% of my working weight is:

Squats 122.5kg at 3 sets for 5 reps
Bench 110kg
barbell rows 85kg
shoulders 75kg
triceps 50kg
Deadlifts 140kg
latpull downs 95kg
Biceps 50kg

So what weight should I be using to max out at weeks 8. I remeber some 1 said add 5lbs to your surrent 6 week maxes.
So that would mean for example

Benc press at week 8 max using 100% working weight should be 3 sets of 5 reps at 112.5kg, Is this right as currently its 100kg? I can then work backwards for each workout.

Please help Guys.. Im nearly complete........

Back