Is Fit Day really "Fat" Day

Falco

Browser crashed the 1st time I tried to post this, so here's the abbreviated version:

How many other people out there use Fit Day? Do you think it greatly overestimates your daily burn?

I think the Lifestyle calculation may be way off.

For example, The HST option #2 formula puts me at 2042. Add 500 to gain mass = 2542.

Fit Day says BMR + Lifestyle (seated work) = 2484. That’s with no exercise. If I add in the calories burned during 45 minutes of weight training, then I’m at 2751. Add 500 to gain mass = 3251.
The difference between 2500 and 3200 could be the difference between gaining muscle or getting fat (or making no gains at all).

Obviously I could start at 2500 and aim to adjust after a few weeks, but I was wondering what others experiences are with Fit Day.

A side note . . .
(Referring to Lyle suggestions in the FAQ: Diet and nutrition, for fat loss or gaining muscle). If I aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of FFM, that puts my protein intake at just about the 15% of the 3251 calculation. Whereas 1 gram per pound of body weight puts me closer to 20% of 3251. Either way, these numbers are much closer to his recommendations then when I use the 2542 number (21% & 24% respectively).

Thanks,

Any formula is pretty much worthless if you take it to the point. It will just give you a ballpark figure to start with then you will need to adjust from there. Variations can be as high as +/- 20%

If only they could stop measuring everything in 'cups' - what exactly is their problem with weight? Anyone whos bothered enough to count calories will have gram scales.

Back