[xeno]Julios

Been on this since i started weightlifting at the beginning of this year:
Meal 1:

3-4 boiled eggs - minus a yolk or two
glass of milk
banana

Meal 2:

Can of tuna mixed with a good portion of plain yoghurt
Peanut butter & banana sandwhich (made with 2 slices of 12 grain bread)
2 glasses of milk

Meal 3:

100 grams of chicken breast, 1/3 cup of basmati rice, 250 grams of mixed frozen vegetables (japanese mix)
2 glasses of milk

Meal 4:

100 grams of chicken breast, 1/3 cup of basmati rice, small portion of plain yoghurt
2 glasses of milk

On gym days, I consume 3-4 boiled eggs + 2 glasses of milk just before going to the gym (5 min walk) and i eat meal 3 as
soon as i get home.

Milk is 2 percent and lactose free - yoghurt is 2 percent. The bread claims to be a source of Omega 3. I snack on olives sometimes.

I've gained very well on this diet - put on over 40 pounds in a matter of months, while remaining under 15 percent bodyfat, but i'm curious if i could refine it in anyway, or optimize it.

I also find it very easy to tweak, by adding extra portions of milk or rice to up my calories.

I should probably throw in an extra serving of fruit - perhaps an apple or something.

any comments/suggestions? Am i missing any important elements?

More veges :)

Maybe some more good fats, but you will be getting some already from the bread (not usually great amounts in N-3 enriched breads) a piece of fatty fish 2-3 times weekly would make a nice change

What veggies would you recommend - and how much? (i already eat a decent portion don't I though?)

what are some good fatty fish? (i live right by kensington market in toronto so i can get cheap fresh fish on a regular basis)

what about fruits? is 2 bananas sufficient fruit?

Good bulking diet, but more fruits & vegetables = more healthy body. More vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and who knows what other micronutrients.

Vegetables: Greens! (spinach, kale, chard, collards etc. and salad greens) You're probably getting a lot of good low glycemic carbs in the frozen mixes, although fresh might be better.

Fruit--why not add an apple, an orange, some berries and whatever else appeals to you...

Fatty fish--salmon, sardines, mackerel, eel (!) Strong stuff...except you can get fresh salmon and bake or grill it and it's not as similar to cat food as the other types.

Since I started eating fruit and veg's at every meal (6 a day), I haven't gotten sick for the last five years, and I'm turning 50 in a couple of months.

thanks for the post kiharan.

I think that's a good idea - to have a portion of fruit and/or veggies with every meal.

Oranges i find are a bit of an ordeal - hard to find ones that aren't consistently of the right sweetness, and gets messy trying to peel them.

Apples i might try to get back into - just gotta find the right "brand" of apple

grapes - are those good?

will look around next time i go to kensington market.

veggies - this will require some planning - spinach i LOVE, but am severely allergic to it (when mixed with alcohol or exercise - anything that increases core body temperature coz it facilitates the absorption of the culprit proteins)... chard, collards - will look em up - i love brocolli - that's a good one right? Also has plenty of iron from what i hear. Gotta learn how to steam them properly - we have a steamer here, but it's so confusing coz diff veggies take diff amounts of time to steam, so might just average out the time...

anyway - 4:15 am rambling will shut up now.

:)

Havent gotten back to you but I agree with the above, green red orange veges, eat plenty off. 250g is a start in the right direction, but more.
fruits just try t get in ~2-3 sevings per day, grapes = good PW
berries of all sorts etc

Back