Is too much milk bad(within reason)?

VIPER

I seriously love milk and I actually drink a whole lot of it during the day, probably 8 glasses or so a day sometimes less and sometimes a little more. Do you think this could be bad or no?

During my first HST cycle I drank 10 glasses of milk a day, which is close to a gallon, in part because I don't use any protein supplements. I was very pleased with the results from this cycle. By the way, this was nonfat milk. Milk has a pretty good amount of carbs and protein, and it's an easy way to get some good calories. Based on my own experience, I'd say that it's good for bulking. However, I think I might have heard somewhere that too much milk isn't good when cutting. Maybe it's because of the carbs. I don't know about this, though, it might work just fine during a cutting cycle as long as it's in moderation.

I second what savagebeast said. Also lots of people are lactose intolerant (which you probably arent since you drink a lot hehe) and some people although not intolerant have gas/bloating, etc. with milk. Guess it partly depends on your goals. Its healthy yes, just watch the sugar. I dont use it except for my post w/o because i can afford to have the sugar. also i swear driver + milk is better than a homemade chocolate milkshake... mmm i'm hungry haha i look forward to post w/o shake all the time... maybe a little off topic but props to bryan for making IMO the best tasting protein supplement ever when you add milk. yum, hope i helped

Right on People! Milks bad @$$. I also drank about 8-10 glasses of milk a day and during my first hst cycle on top of other good nutrional habits and gained 21 pounds which was mostly muscle. MILK DOES A BODY GOOD I guess.

I guess ppl who are intolerant to lactose can take soy milk as a replacement since they are lactose free. With that said, i do feel queasy drinking too much milk at one time. Thats why i alternate between drinking low fat & lactose milk on gym days and soy milk on non gym days...

To test whether you are intolerant, drink in one sitting 1lt of skim milk and then you'll know. There are various degrees of intolerance and various symptoms (gas, bloating, upset, diarrhea etc.). I didn't know I'm intolerant until I started drinking lots of skim milk (that is, until I was around 28). Now I only drink very little and there are no symptoms. Cheese and yogurt have miniscule quantities of lactose but if you overdo it they too can cause problems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (micmic @ Nov. 02 2003,5:13)]To test whether you are intolerant, drink in one sitting 1lt of skim milk and then you'll know. There are various degrees of intolerance and various symptoms (gas, bloating, upset, diarrhea etc.). I didn't know I'm intolerant until I started drinking lots of skim milk (that is, until I was around 28). Now I only drink very little and there are no symptoms. Cheese and yogurt have miniscule quantities of lactose but if you overdo it they too can cause problems.
some people become less lactose tolerant with age, as well.

I drink about 2.5 litres of milk a day when I'm in a heavy bulking phase - lactose free for me and I have had good results. I don't use supplements or powder either so I need an easy source of carbs like milk.

Yep! I basically drink a lot of milk becomes it's an easy source of protein and relatively cheap. I dont have the money to buy protein supplements this month so milk substitutes it for me.

It seems i may be getting slightly intolerant as i get older... had no probs with milk until this year when occasionally if i havent been drinking it often and get back onto it, i get stomach cramps and the after effects are not very pleasant
blush.gif
SO i just drink some more and it tends to sort itself out.
thumbs-up.gif

I drink 1 liter of partially skimmed milk everyday and I have no problems at all.

Back