lcars cutting log

lcars

ok so im doing a little cutting at the moment, the past month or so ive been eating a low carb diet around a 100g's of carbs a day, last week i stepped it up or rather dropped it down .

im aiming for 50< grams of carbs a day now, the bf is now heading south. im prolly around 300-400 cals a day in deficit, i eat normally at the weekend, which includes "normal" meals not pizza hut,  kfc or mcdonalds lol.

my daily typical diet is:

6am oats 20g's , milk and protein powder

9am  tin tuna in sunflower oil

11am protein powder(30g) with water

1300 tin of tuna 140g (30g's of protein)

1430 lowfat cottage cheese or similar

1700 ps with water pre workout

1845 ps with water  post workout

1930  lean pork chop/chicken breast with yams(30g's tops , to replace some carbs burnt)

2100 small chicken breast average 30g's protein

2230 ps with water.

ive lost over an inch off my waste, and have started to see an outline of my abs.ive been using this diet for the past two weeks. going heavy at the gym for the last month

strange thing is i havent lost any weight, maybe a pound or so. im not taking any additional hormones or creatine just whey.

for the workout: i start with 15's on week one and just add weight to the bar each week. im training 6 days while im cutting!
i try and hit my lagging parts twice a wek and reduce the compounds accordingly.

monday
chest 3 sets bench press 3 sets weighted dips 2 sets fli's
bi's 3 sets zbar curls 3 sets reverse hammers
abs

tues
3 sets of calves 3 sets shrugs
abs

wed
2 sets deads 3 sets widegrip chins 3 sets rows
tris 3 sets cgbp 3 sets french press/pullovers 3 sets cables
abs

thurs
3 sets of preacher for bi's 3 sets ass2grass squats 3 sets bench for chest

fri
3 sets shoulder press 3 sets rear delts 3 sets side laterals 3 sets anteriors 3 sets shrugs

sunday
3 sets squats 3 sets  lunges 3 sets hams 3 sets calves
abs

boy wotta workout!
biggrin.gif

really tired a lately, having to manage the fatigue very carefully so i dont burn out.
due to the nature of my job i sometimes have to grab some flapjack when i get the shakes lol.

cns is holding up at the moment, i tend to reduce intensity on the first and second set, and go balls out on the third.

im actually due a rest/sd shortly so i booked a week off ,as im part way through a workout cycle. i just thought id post the cuting phase over the next few weeks or so. i wanna reach 10% by october, im proberbly around 12% still @230lbs. so we will see what happens.

weight has dropped from 231lbs last month when i started my lowcarb diet.

2 weeks ago i dropped the carbs considerably but no change in weight??? 225lbs then and as of today 225lb, yet showing signs of leaning out, go figure.

900am ate 4 eggs(no yoke) and beans this morning.ready for the gym at 11, gonna have a small ps in water before the gym.

legs today

squats 2 sets 3 sets lunges 3 sets of hams 3 calves
abs

will post figures when i get back.

Lcars, great that you are keeping this diet log. I think we will all benefit if more of these are kept and results reported.

Have you lifted heavy during your cut yet? Have your poundages dropped off at all? I've lost around 22lb in bw so far and as a result my 10RM for squats is down from 308lb. I can manage seven, possibly eight reps with that now.

Have you ever had a crack at Lyle's UD2? If so, I'd be interested to know how you got on as I've just started on it.

thanks lol.

ill be honest in all my years of training ive never done a proper cut, so im primed to see what results i can acheive. lifts have all been heavy this past month, however ive been doing some heavy sets and then some rep-out sets to finish.

poundages have most certainly dropped off, actually its more a matter of reps dropping than weight, im pushing 300lb on bench for 3-4 reps before it was about 8 reps
sad.gif
but it is to be expected.

well today at the gym

squats 2 sets of 10 reps 300lb 1 set 3 reps 396lb
lunges 3 sets 10 reps 120lb
hams 3 sets machine
2 sets calves seated
2 sets calves stood.
abs

then home for a post workout shake with water

in addition id like to add that ive ditched cardio now, i didnt seem to be getting anywhere fast, so ive decidec its all down to diet.

after burning 300cals on the crosstrainer i thought wtf? i might as well get up earlier n watch tv or sit at my computer n burn that much lol.

<div>
(lcars @ Sep. 05 2008,11:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">for the workout: i start with 15's on week one and just add weight to the bar each week. im training 6 days while im cutting!
i try and hit my lagging parts twice a wek and reduce the compounds accordingly.

monday
chest 3 sets bench press 3 sets weighted dips 2 sets fli's
bi's 3 sets zbar curls 3 sets reverse hammers
abs

tues
3 sets of calves 3 sets shrugs
abs

wed
2 sets deads 3 sets widegrip chins 3 sets rows
tris 3 sets cgbp 3 sets french press/pullovers 3 sets cables
abs

thurs
3 sets of preacher for bi's 3 sets ass2grass squats 3 sets bench for chest

fri
3 sets shoulder press 3 sets rear delts 3 sets side laterals 3 sets anteriors 3 sets shrugs

sunday
3 sets squats 3 sets  lunges 3 sets hams 3 sets calves
abs

boy wotta workout!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I haven't read your entire log...but I saw this setup and it made me think.

I have always toyed with the idea of trying something like this if I have the time...which I do not.

But my idea was basically a 3 day split of chest/triceps, back / biceps / shoulder / legs.....with some rest days then a low volume full body routine on the 7 day rest and repeat.

Are you enjoying this split Lcars?

It is interesting!!!!

yes joe im really enjoying the split , its a little tiring doing so many days but i seem to ok so far. i wanted to mainly target lagging bodyparts, to try and bring them upto scratch, and i still think frequency is very important, but i guess its hard to have both volume and frequency.

i also wanted to kep things heavy while cutting, so as to minimise muscle loss. i seem to have squeezed some natural gains in the process judging by my body recomp , which is an unexpected bonus.

perhaps you should give your suggestion a go, cant hurt to try.

anywho sunday i ate:

ps with milk ,oats n two egg whites.

post workout shake with water

200g turkey breast n yams as above

100g chicken breast with brocolli,yams n carrots.

200g left over turkey breast

100g chicken breast

ps shake with water before bed.

monday i ate

ps with oats milk two egg whites

tin of tuna

ps with milk

bowl of stag chilli

pre workout shake with water

pwo n water

pork chop and brocolli

small chicken breast

ps before bed

monday training

chest
3 sets dips body weight plus 75kg on belt 8-10 reps.

3 sets chest press machine 8-10reps

3 sets 120lb(240) dumbells 6-8 reps

bis
3 sets zed bar curls 130lb 8-10 reps

3 sets reverse hammers with straight bar 80lb 8-10 reps

done!

tues day

weight 15st 12lbs down 3lbs from saturday

food

oats milk ps

tin tuna

protein shake

tin tuna

protein shake

porkchop yams

small chicken breast.

training

3 sets x8 shrugs 300lb

3 sets calve raises 8-10reps

3 sets quads 8-10 reps

3 sets lateral raisers 40lbx8-10reps

abs

wed food

ps with oats

tin tune

ps

tin tuna

pre workout ps

post ps

200g frying steak 20g's of yams

200g frying steak

pre bed time shake

training

deads 1xset of 8@220lbs 1xset of 8 @300lb 1xset of 4@400lb

t-bar rows 3 sets of 10@160lb

widegrip chins 3 sets of 8-10 bw+22lbs

pull overs 3 sets of 10@80lb

tris 3 sets of 8-10 cgb@220lbs

french press 3 sets of 8-10 @120lb

tricep press between 2 benchs 3 sets of 10 with 120lb resting on legs

done!

thursday took a day off, these early mornings were catching me up, and i was getting close to some serious fatigue. energy levels back to normal today though.

diet same as wednesday.

friday training :

shoulder press smith machine 3 sets 220lb for 6-8 reps

side laterals 2 sets 35lb dumbells 2 sets cables 8-10

rear delts 3 sets 8-10

upright rows 3 sets 100lb 8-10

shrugs 2 sets 220lb behind, 2 sets barbell shrugs 300lb in front 8-10

abs.

saturday

weigh in:  224lbs 7lbs total lost.
a few striations and lines appearing but nothing to write home about, but feelin good. strength down by around 10% on some exercises, lost 1/2&quot; off my arms back down to 17&quot;  
sad.gif
 ego has taken a slight hit lol.

dropping carbs to virtually nothing for the next few days, then im off the gym for a week, havent had a break in nearly 6 months.

Back