Longview

<div>
(_tim @ May 12 2009,12:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Another rest-pause devotee!  I love it, Tot - looks like a perfect way to garner new gains.  Good luck!</div>
Hey, just out of curiosity... how do you record rest pause in your logs? I have been doing it... well, for example, with flat bench in my last time with it, it looked like this:

Flat Bench
135x8 *warmup*
205x3 *warmup*
235*8,7,5

Meaning that I rest-paused after 8 reps, did 7 more, paused, then finished off my 20 with 5 more reps.

Do you have a more efficient or easily understandable way to record this?

Also, when doing rest pause, when do you throw in max effort days? I'm trying them out on just one lift every five or six weeks or so, just to see more tangibly how my strength has increased...

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 13 2009,6:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey, just out of curiosity... how do you record rest pause in your logs?  I have been doing it... well, for example, with flat bench in my last time with it, it looked like this:

Flat Bench
135x8 *warmup*
205x3 *warmup*
235*8,7,5

Meaning that I rest-paused after 8 reps, did 7 more, paused, then finished off my 20 with 5 more reps.

Do you have a more efficient or easily understandable way to record this?

Also, when doing rest pause, when do you throw in max effort days?  I'm trying them out on just one lift every five or six weeks or so, just to see more tangibly how my strength has increased...</div>
In my written log, I denote the set as &quot;RP&quot; and then separate the rep counts with plus signs.

So - today's bench looks like this:

Bench 170 RP 17+2, 7+2

If I take more than two breaths after a re-rack, I note that too.

In terms of max effort, I'm saving my heavy RP work for the end of the cycle, and plan on doing them over a two-week span. I'm currently using an RP-like setup for high-rep, lower load sets (like what I wrote above). Testing heavy maxes every 5-6 weeks makes absolutely perfect sense to me in the context of the cycle you're doing, Tot.

Back