Losing to much Mass with cutting

bodyguard

Maybe somebody can help me with some information about cutting. I have lost mass instead of bf. I lost around 1 ½ inch muscle on a diet 10–12 lbs. I changed my diet to a kind of Atkins diet with a high protein intake. Even on this diet I have the same problems. I started with this diet in my 15ths. Today I start with the 10ths.
The strangest thing is that my waist got smaller and on the other hand got my bodyweight lesser but the BF is still on the same level. I use weight shale with BF percentage. (18%)
I do aerobics 3 – 4 (40 minutes a week) on a sport bike. May be too much aerobics?
Any suggestions are welcome
Thanks in advance

A low carb diet will cause you to lose glycogen and water. This will cause some 'muscle' loss in only the fact taht muscle is mainly water.
BF scales are also worthless during low carbing, as the estimate of BF depends on a set hydration level (which has changed due to being low carbs)

Measure skinfolds if you can, or try to estimate off strength losses (but this can be problematic)

I wouldnt recommend a straight keto diet, either do a tkd or a ckd, as this allows some carb replacement, even if not quite as much is needed during the 5s. If you use the BF scales, make sure they are at the same time of the day, after visiting the can, do them routinely (every day/other day) and then combine the measures for the week, and average it. This will eliminate some of the variability to an extent.

ca-ca-cardio?? whats that

diet?

tounge.gif

It all makes sense, your body doesnt like dramatic changes, but its worse for leaner people. I think people should always start the fat loss bit by bit, either increase cardio/decrease food, but not both, dramatically all at once.

Altho I am planning extreme for myself, but Im fat, and fat people get away with more :)

hi Aaron

Ca ca ca is sweating as a horse :D

Is it an idea to use creatine during this kind of bulking/diet/cardio cycle?

Creatine is good anytime :) unless your one of those people who think that creatine makes them puffy and bloated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bodyguard @ Aug. 25 2003,1:23)]Maybe somebody can help me with some information about cutting. I have lost mass instead of bf. I lost around 1 ½ inch muscle on a diet 10–12 lbs. I changed my diet to a kind of Atkins diet with a high protein intake. Even on this diet I have the same problems. I started with this diet in my 15ths. Today I start with the 10ths.
The strangest thing is that my waist got smaller and on the other hand got my bodyweight lesser but the BF is still on the same level. I use weight shale with BF percentage. (18%)
I do aerobics 3 – 4 (40 minutes a week) on a sport bike. May be too much aerobics?
Any suggestions are welcome
Thanks in advance
The Atkins diet type will cause a loss of lean tissue. It is more of a pure weight loss type diet, not much of a bodybuilding diet. Plus energy levels will drop. You need at the very least to add some carb meals, (refeeds). This will serve 2 purposes, first to help keep metabolism honest, and second some glycogen storage. If you want to do a keto diet, a suggestion may be the TKD diet. Better than the CKD diet for bodybuilding, a bit more energy and some recovery ability.

I have leaned up from 212 @ 18.8% 172 LBM to 201 @ 12.2% 176.5 LBM doing the break in phase of the T-Dawg diet for 6 weeks. The bodyfat percentage was done by the same trainer, 3 site test, then adding 3% to account for the fat men carry on their backs. Which I can say is pretty accurate because when I have gotten a 7 site, and then had them do the 3 site formula with the numbers it has always been about 3% different. That is a 4.5 lb gain in LBM! Surpised me too. LOL! The jist of it since I am not counting calories is basically that I eat around 45 grams of carbs in the morning for breakfast with about 40 grams protien mostly casien so it keeps the levels in the blood longer between meals, Example 10 oz lowfat cottage cheese, mixed with 8 ounces lite yogurt, and some dry oats, or grapenuts mixed together. This also satisfies your sweet tooth! Then really low carbs until my after workout meal, or shake which consists of 50-70 grams of carbs, and 50+ so grams of protien mostly whey for quick absorbsion. I work out at lunch by the way. But if you work out in the evening, the carbs wont be stored as fat anyway, because your muscles will soak them up like a sponge. I NEVER count fat, or concern myself with it. I do try to keep it lower on my high carb meals, for insulin response reasons.The rest of the day I keep the carbs low as well, beans, or nuts are the highest concentration of carbs I will allow myself to have on occasion, but normally it is all I can eat broccoli, and other wonderful greens!!!! On any given day I may gorge on protien, or simply not eat but around 170 grams. I feel that my body CRAVES meat when it is need of the extra protien, and I give it what it wants!!!
thumbs-up.gif
I take about 3-5 grams of creatine, only on training days after my workouts, so I take it 3 times a week. Now let us not forget the cheat meals... 2 sometimes 3 a week maybe one on Wednesday,but not much, and only twice so far, and one or two cheat meals on Sunday. I do various types of cardio every morning- Mon-Fri, bike, stairmaster, cardio glide. Just now getting ready to start HST first cycle. The way I was lifting to get what I have here was simple 2 sets until Form Failure, IE... until I lost form, on Squats, incline bench, and chin ups. Mon-Wed, and Friday. This has really worked for me to the point I have not concerned myself with counting any calorioes at all. The cravings for meat, and steaks, and burgers minus the bun keep my actual caloric intake kind of cyclical. This by my bodies design, not mine. I would imagine it would be ok to mention where I found the diet since Bryan did an interview with them. It was at www.t-mag.com if this should not be here moderators, please strike this sentence from the post. I do not mean any ill by it.
worship.gif
I can not wait to see how this style of dieting does with HST, man am I stoked about this!!!!!!!!! By the way this wll be my first HST cycle starting 15's Monday, and SD has driven me insane. LOL!!!
I am out like the fat kid in dodgeball!
MrClean!

Back