My UD2.0 Experience...

Yeah, definitely. I just figured I know HST has worked great for me when gaining size and the workouts/diet involved with HST isn't nearly as time consuming as the UD2. I think it said in the book though, that the mass variant UD2 version might be great for a time when your trying to stay as lean as possible while gaining some LBM like summer time and that I might give a whirl some time.

Hey Viper, thank you very much for the info you posted for us here. Good stuff!
I am wondering if there is any chance that you could post some before and after pics? The proof of the pudding for me is in the pics.
If you can great, if not no big deal, I know some of us don't like our pics plastered on the net.

JWJ

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jwjpilot @ Sep. 06 2004,4:57)]Hey Viper, thank you very much for the info you posted for us here. Good stuff!
I am wondering if there is any chance that you could post some before and after pics? The proof of the pudding for me is in the pics.
If you can great, if not no big deal, I know some of us don't like our pics plastered on the net.
JWJ
Hey thanks man, it was no problem!

Hmm.. I've been in the process of gaining weight for almost 5 weeks now so I'm not exactly as lean as when I ended the diet. I'll try to take a couple pics and see if they come out decent and then go from there I guess. I just don't wanna give somone the idea that the UD2 might be worthless because it doesn't depict true results.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VIPER @ Sep. 08 2004,9:24)]Hey thanks man, it was no problem!
Hmm.. I've been in the process of gaining weight for almost 5 weeks now so I'm not exactly as lean as when I ended the diet. I'll try to take a couple pics and see if they come out decent and then go from there I guess. I just don't wanna give somone the idea that the UD2 might be worthless because it doesn't depict true results.
I understand, whatever you can do would be great.

Thanks Viper

okay folkes

today was the first ud2.0 day and you know what? it sucks...
tounge.gif
its really a pain in the @$$ - but listen

I havent finished my real diet plan and so I just ate out of my mind today, the first lowcarb/low calorie days I can eat around 1300-1400 kcal which is 50 % of my maintenance lvl

for breakfust I ate some nuts and a glass of milk
for lunch I had a single apple
at 1600 I ate 3 whole eggs and 200gr of meet-beef-hamburger-cow-things
for dinner I took 400ml skim milk with whey protein thats it...its whay less then 1400 kcal...approximatly around 1000...what ever

by the way viper: what do you think about eating nuts and stuff on ud2.0 the good thing is they contain no carbs, are easy to carry and have good fats inside - but they do have actually a lot of fat inside, whats restricted as well?!

okay the workout:
I am supposed to to (depletion workout):
squats 6x15
leg curls 6x15
chins 6x15
benchpress 6x15
calfs 6x15
military press 4x15
bic 4x15
tric 4x15
abs
total: 42-45 sets a workout

I just did 3 sets for each muscle, I was just exhausted...argh....

I was supposed to add 30 minutes of cardio which I had to drop as well...argh...

some questions to you viper:

how long did your workouts take? my one is really long at least 90 minutes which I think is pretty long... :confused:

with which wheight did you work? I usually start around 90 % of my 15rm and then reduce the wheight every set in a manner that by finishing the 15 reps im always about 2 reps away from failure?

how much/long did you do cardio?
which intensity?

thanks for answering the questions!! have a great day...oh im tired an sooo thirsty oohhh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ Sep. 13 2004,11:42)]okay folkes

today was the first ud2.0 day and you know what? it sucks...
tounge.gif
its really a pain in the @$$ - but listen
Haha! I knew that was coming sooner or later. The depletion workouts are obviously different than HST that's for sure. You'll get used to it, but every week you will be bustin' your butt in the gym during the depletion phase.

If I ate any nuts it would be in small amounts because I ate very close to the same amount of fat, protein, and carbs per meal so I didn't have a whole lot of leeway. If I did I made sure I ate just the right amount for my meal which I find absolutely nothing wrong with. Just remember to factor in the fat your consuming from your EFA's also (if your taking it).

You seem to have cut your workout shorter in terms of sets from whats recommended but that's understandable especially the first time doing the workout. My exercise tolerance seemed to increase a little as I got used to the program though so nothing to worry about. What I did was 2 full body workouts one after another like Lyle suggested which allowed a muscle group to take a break before getting pounded again. I did the same thing you did with cardio, which is not do any at all after the workout. Personally I just didn't want to after a long workout. I would do some cardio here and there, normally 30 min med-high instesity on off day's though which happen to be easier for me. On this diet I did minimal cardio and still got good results.

My workouts lasted about an hour and a half also which seemed to be average for me. Sometimes I may be able to get done in a little less or a little more. When I was training on the UD2 I didn't talk as much in the gym though because I needed all the time I could get in or I would be in the gym way too long.

I actually started close to my 15 rep max also in the beggining but later found out that my sets were not lasting long enough. I believe each set is too last close to 30-45 seconds. What I started doing was finding a weight in my 15 rep max block that allowed me make each set last as long as I needed. I figured my 3rd workout of my 15 rep max was a good one too use but that's me.

Hope this helped! Good luck and if you need more anwsers or suggestions then feel free to ask.

I guess its not that important that you keep the same wheight during the depletion workout since its to deplete glyko stores and not to set an anabol environnement...

ill try to do some hiit today...but well...you know...

The good thing is that the UD2 still has progressive load. It may not be as gradual as HST but it's still there. I didn't drop the weight too much if I did though. I think as long as the load increases as it does during the week, then probably the important aspect during the depletion workouts is making the sets you do count as to deplete glycogen stores.

today weddnesday I had my second depletion workout (cant do it tuesday due to school) and I think doing it on weddnesday is not a perfect idea
tounge.gif
- it was a mess

I felt so freaking flat today...I started the workout and was only able to cope with about 40 % of what I am supposed to do (not even to talk about the cardio I missed again...and I was thinking about doing hiit....
thumbs-up.gif
) Every 5 minutes people came to ask me if I am okay or if they should call an emergency...I guess I did not look that good today...:crazy

the last 3 days I was just eating around 1000kcal a day instead of the 1400 I am allowed...I will change my diet next week

If I look into the mirror, I am a little bit shocked - I looks as I really lost some mass...I look thinner, way less bulky and more athletig but I am not sure if the ratio of fat to muscle loss is in the desired range...I didnt take measurements until now because I want to do it on sunday after the refeed (for what I am really looking forward to
laugh.gif
)

hey viper did you have similar problems with working out during the first week? Is it just a question of getting used to it?

cheers

People were wondering the same thing when I was doing the UD2 because the workouts during the depletion were pretty intense.

I would definetely get those calories up where they should be as soon as you can. Most of the time I looked a bit different during the later part of the depletion phase throughout the week. My muscles didn't look as full as they would normally, but the day after loading was my favorite visually. I looked very full and a somewhat leaner with time. This makes your ego feel great, obviously. Try not to let your appearance get you down during the beginning of the week if it's not perfect, just concentrate on the progress your making. I looked pretty different during the beginning of the week compared to the end and my weight fluctuated constantly.

You'll probably get used to the training with time but everyone has different tolerances. I think another thing is to make sure the food that you eat is nutrient dense. Since your not eating as much calories as you normally would it's good idea to have some smart choices of food. You'll get better as time goes on and be able fix things accordingly to how your succeeding.

hiho

today was the heavy duty workout...

before the workout I was allowed to eat around 25-30g of carbs which I did consume in form of a banana (man, this was the best banana I ever had in my whole life... ;) )

after that liiiiitle carb boost I felt really energetic even without any stimulants such as ephedrine/caffeine or whatever...

the workout start was great...I just have two problems - I am a "upper body guy" so I hate working out my legs, 1. they dont grow that well as my upper b. does and 2. squats just kill me - after 3 sets of it i am just done...the workout went well so far, I used around 90 % of my 10rm for the sets 1-2 and around 80 % for 3-4...stopped 1-2 reps before failure...I actually didnt take it as hard/seriously as I should have..but well

the workout should not take longer than around 60 minutes, but of course my one took longer - I am just not used to that long workouts anymore...I start to feel sick and becomming tired (my hst workout usually just take 30-40 minutes, because I use a 2splitt). I usually do 2 sets/muscle and now I had to do 4...so I felt betther then with the first workouts this week, but I guess it will take some time to get used to over 45 minute workouts again (in former days I worked out up to 2.5 hours
butbut.gif
)

so I didnt finish the whole workout, I missed the arms in the end..well, hell...

I mixed my post workout carb reload shake with around 120g carbs and 50g protein, but just got down 1/2 of it...my body is not used to that much carbs anymore...felt terribly sick...and my stommach and bally was blown up like a balloon....hmmmm....nevertheless I am gonna eat my first carb meal this evenening...(I am really not hungry, still blown up, still feeling sick)

I look really thin in the mirror but force myself not to take measurements before sunday evening after the carb load...

do you now musli or muesli? I think you called it the same in english as it is in german...do you know also bircher musli? this is "the king of musli" in switzerland - its a perfect thing for a carb load because it contains superbe carbs, good bunch of protein and good fats, you can make a big bowl of it and just eat it everywhere you want....here is my receipt:

4 parts oat flakes
8 parts skim milk
the juice of 1 citrus
2 part skim yoghurt (neutral)
if you want add honey for sweetness
4 part nuts (which ever ones you want - you can also leave em out)
a loooot of berries which you like, strawberries, blueberries or whatever....
I usually add vanilla whey protein which improves the crab/protein ratio

so...I am going to sleep now...have a great day

today is saturday, I am just on the way to my power workout but took measurements before, results are okay but not great
so after 4 weeks of depletion and one day of carb load:

before:
82 kg
bodyfat 18 %
waist 82cm
chest 106 cm
shoulders 122 cm

today:
80kg
bodyfat 15.5 %
waist 80cm
chest 104.5 cm
shoulders 122 cm

I dont know but I think I look kind of "thin"...although my bodyfat lvl is miles away from desired range...

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jan. 07 2008,13:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here is an oldie but goodie Ultimate Diet 2.0 log for anyone who is interested.</div>
It looks miserable...
sad.gif

I think I'll just stick to your slow cut.

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jan. 08 2008,09:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Jan. 07 2008,13:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here is an oldie but goodie Ultimate Diet 2.0 log for anyone who is interested.</div>
It looks miserable...  
sad.gif

I think I'll just stick to your slow cut.</div>
it certainly can be miserable.

it also most certainly works. like everything its not for everyone and your goals, temperment, lifestyle etc. should dictate which plan is best for you.

i will say this, the first week (espec. depletion w/os) is terrible but each subsequent week is easier. by the end (most runs last 6-8 weeks) the w/os and diet arent that bad and the results (in my exper) far outstrip any diet ive tried prev. over the same time period.

ohh those first couple depletion w/os on low cals/carbs........

they are just like the freshmen math class universities make everyone take. good for weeding out the folks who are serious from the ones who are kidding themselves.

Actually, I didn't think the depletions were too bad in comparison to the carb load. The carb load was horrible. I wanted to die. It's hard taking in 1500 or more carbs though.

The depletions do suck, but after the first couple weeks they become a lot more tolerable. Sort of.

Funny thing!

I looked around in my computerfiles. And found the UD2.0 pdf and thought. dang! I forgot about this.

So I started to read. And this makes much more sense than when I read it 3 years ago. Then I read with only one eye if you know what I mean.

So Im actually planning to do this diet 1 march, and do it RIGHT!

The funny is that i thought, hmm maybe I should look in the HST diet forum, and I saw that this thread was woked up again. Remembered reading this when you started it.

So now Im older and smarter (maybee hehe) well certainly more mature to understand the UD2.

I have one question though.

In the depletion period, when doing weight training. Am I supposed to skip the &quot;gainer&quot; eg maltodextrine with fast protein.
I usually take this before the training and right after I completed the training.

should I skip the carbs and only take some protein? amino acids?

It sounds about right, but I cant find in the text of his book that he actually says. &quot;don´t take carbs when lifting weights&quot; nor does he say the reverse.

I do assume that I should skip the carbs, because we don´t wanna force any carbs to the muscle under the depletion period.

I just want to get it confirmed.

Regards
  Andreas   / Sweden

I would skip the carbs, but just remember - you need the overall days carbs to fall into line with what the book says.
Also, since the goal of the depletions is to deplete carbs, it would be somewhat counterproductive to take carbs before the workout.

Back