New angle

Fausto,

Maybe I missed it, but are you doing iso's the entire cycle, or are you dropping them in the end, or even only using them in 5's and post 5's?

-Colby

Colby
That was just a new angle I was thinking of after JV's intervention, however I am stil tempted to see what happens and monitor it as I go along.
I am intersted at this point in becoming the proverbial lab rat and then post results feeling etc, for all to see, kind of trying to earn my keep as expert if you know what I mean.  
laugh.gif

My main intention is to provide a little extra volume, but taking out the nagging comsumption of time that iso's provide towards the end of the program.
Your view is interesting nonetheless.  
happy.gif

JV
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ah, Fausto old boy, new routine eh?
Got to try, hey? Kinda like continuous improvement, right?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you want to do them for purposes of metabollic work
Nope, that will be done with the compounds as per a la Vicious.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you want to do them just for extra work - reasonable idea, but loses it's usefulness early when the compounds are heavy enough that none of your iso's are a match at all
Ah...ah! Thus the reason why I am thinking of doing what Colby ws suggesting, how about using them till the end of 10's then dropping?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And this is the most important one - hehehe, you are actually the expert, not me. It could very well be effective. Perhaps it could actually turn out a little like undulating progression of sorts (respect to load only) for the muscles affected by the isos since their load is lesser.
This is why I though of introducing it, but wanted to get second opinions of sort to perfect the intention. So for being the expert, not that you are not!
laugh.gif
I am willing to be the guinea pig
tounge.gif
and then post my rumblings for further analysis, that way if it works I have validated it, and if it does not I have felt I tried it and can now discard it, thus arming myself with further knowledge  :D
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I workout at home, too, 30-45 minutes a day, everyday. If time is your constraint, perhaps you can try my everyday routine. Just PM me and we can discuss it there.
Yep, I think I'll do that and I'll see if I can use it for my purposes. :confused:

What do you propose this split will do, compared with a traditional 5-6 times per week, with a spread volume on everything..?

Ah, Jester

Just save time whilst keeping hypertrophy optimized.

Remember I am wanting to try it out and see...not recommending to anyone, maybe after trying and seeing clear benefits, then yes! :D

In the mean time it is a time saver, and includes some iso's which I don't feel like dropping at this stage.

An Experiment, that is all, much like Frankenstein!
crazy.gif

Any chance of you posting your everyday routine on here jvroig? Or in anyother post? I'd like to see it as I generally do 6 times a week whole body and then when I get to the heavy 5s use a split.

I expect others would be interested to but if you'd prefer not to I'll pm you instead (if that's ok?).

Keep us updated fausto, love to see how it works out.

cheers

rob

He's just proposing that, instead of bumming around on off days, doing some work (just lighter work, so iso's) will be more beneficial, hence "optimizing hypertrophy".

i think its a great idea,i would love to do this if i had the time unfortunatley i have to do all my iso,s with my compounds,i believe that any training is a stimilus and therefore use what ever you can(as long as you dont go too far).

Yeh I get the concept. I've previously been a big proponent of high frequency and made great gains after a hospital stay (i.e. big SD) and eating myself crazy on 6x full body...

...however I've been reading a lot @ Dan's site and I'm starting to question whether high frequency is optimal over 3x a week, from both a hypertrophy and strength position.

The 2 things that I wonder about are:

- Loaded stretches on off days. . . ?

- Is there a tangible benefit over 3x a week standard?

Just my thoughts.

Depends on what you are doing.

If you have a workout you do 3x a week and you suddenly do it 6x a week, then that's probably a bust, a waste of time.

But spreading everything over 6 workouts or more is an en entirely different matter, as you are better rested on most sets, and because of that fact you may find you can squeeze in a little extra without fearing overtraining.

Guys

Thanks again, I think I know exactly what I am gonna do now that I have had others opinions!

Right now i am feeling rather miserable and getting a little fatter, can;t wait to get back on, I am not a big fan of cardio, but looks like I am gonna have to slog it or else...fat
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Loaded stretches on off days. . . ?

I only use those together with the heavies, and then again only sometimes, mostly pulses and not for every exercise, just for what i think is lagging.

This is it, supersets all the way for my next cycle, whether they are compounds or iso's I am grouping them so that I get done quick, aiming for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour.
butbut.gif

Will definetely keep a log just for the gang
laugh.gif
Serious
butbut.gif

Okay, iso's on the off days - sounds like a good idea, but when you get into the 5's, wouldn't the heavier load of the compounds be enough? Eh, I guess that's why you are doing them on your off days.
thumbs-up.gif

Back