New routine for holidays

Ok....Ok

I have made my decision...and the reason why I will do upper body in the morning rather than lower is that I don't have a good level of strength early in the day.

I hope to have my wall mounted dip station by then (next week)
biggrin.gif
as a friend of mine has already half completed it, and it looks great, he used fire extinguishing (ceiling extinguishers) pipe (nice and thick)
biggrin.gif
and a rod with a hinge which welds to the pipes and therefore will be able to be placed flat against the wall once I'm done for the day (slides up flat aginst the wall, or down to a parallel to the floor position for use), a great contraption, just the way I wanted it. It is then rawl bolted to the wall with 4 (75 mm x 10 mm) rawl bolts, enough to handle my and a lot of extra Kg's.

Here we go:

<div>
(style @ Dec. 17 2006,15:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">''or maybe some people are more suited to training often and some to training less often  ''

Yeh definitely I think each to his own to a certain extent, I'm working each muscle group every 3 days and its going well. Great results btw, 3 pounds while cutting on an experienced trainee like yourself is awesome.

''Well...I persoanlly don't think training full body everyday is a good option for muscle growth.''

I agree that its not optimum, but faz begs to differ  
biggrin.gif
For me personally, the ideal would be working out every day, but  working each muscle group every 48.

--------------</div>
cheers mate
biggrin.gif

yes i might give that a go after this cycle 6x split.

i have never tried a fullbody workout 6x a wk before mostly because of what i have read but it seems to be doing some good,early doors yet but will keep you all informed if i gain more
biggrin.gif

Faz and Fausto,

Let us know how your &quot;experiments&quot; turn out.

Faz, maybe you said this, but what's your volume like on full body 6 days/wk? Can you fight off burnout by adjusting volume down as you proceed w/ your cycle? How long do you plan to run this schedule?

s

<div>
(smf @ Dec. 19 2006,16:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Faz and Fausto,

Let us know how your &quot;experiments&quot; turn out.

Faz, maybe you said this, but what's your volume like on full body 6 days/wk?  Can you fight off burnout by adjusting volume down as you proceed w/ your cycle?  How long do you plan to run this schedule?

s</div>
i have been doing
2 sets 15s no warm up sets, just general warm up
2 sets 10s 1 warm up set of 10
3 sets 5s 1 warm up set of 10
5 sets of 3s 1 warm up set of 10 and maybe a drop set
not started 5s or 3s yet.

5mins cardio before..20mins cardio after.
2wks 15s
3wks 10s
3wks 5s
3wks 3s

i am doing an A,B,C, routine each one twice a wk.

starting at about 80% of my 15rm using the same weight twice then upping by about 5% no zigzaging.

so the volume is going from 30 reps to 15 reps.
but i am adding warm up and drop sets to keep the workload the same, but obviously they are lighter.

BTW weighed myself this morning and even though i am eating less than i was doing 3x a wk i have still kept up the 3lb gain,but havent gained anymore,but it looks like i am still losing fat.
because of a shoulder problem i am not doing any shoulder presses just incline-bench for front laterals and rear and side lateral raises,
also afterwards i am taking a 2k dumbell and doing arm circles forward and reverse and side-laterals, lots of reps to flush the muscle with lactic acid,something dan mentioned to help with injurys.

Faz, seat on a bench with one leg on and one leg off, the leg on will be bent, place a dumbell in one arm and rest on top of the leg on the bench, move hand from one side of the leg to the other while resting elbow on leg, this is good for rotator cuffs and you should be able to do 9% of your 1RM for close bench press.
wink.gif

Colby, Joe

Will keep you guys updated.

I must be patient I guess as the Tabata is not reducing my body fat as quick as I'd like, can I expect 0.5 Kg p/week or is that expectation too high?

I'd rather see 0.5 cm off my belly p/week
laugh.gif
But will I?

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Dec. 20 2006,13:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Faz,

Is your protein intake high?</div>
actually joe i think my protein intake may have something to do with the gains,not because how much i am taking, more because when i am taking.

i take 40gms with 10gms glutamine 1hr before,
within an hour after i eat a meal containing at least 40gms, so that is around 80gms.
that is quit a lot of protein after that i just eat normaly.

fausto i dont think it is rotator problems its my side delt,
i feel it more if i hold my arm at my side and raise it sideways its the first 7 or 8 inches raised that hurts any idea what it is
rock.gif

lots of reps at the end seems to ease it a bit also if i have a sauna i get in the cold shower and stand under for as long as i can then get back in the sauna.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i take 40gms with 10gms glutamine 1hr before,
within an hour after i eat a meal containing at least 40gms, so that is around 80gms.
that is quit a lot of protein after that i just eat normaly.</div>

I always thought eating around you training is a good thing and works, you're living proof!
cool.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Dec. 21 2006,06:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i take 40gms with 10gms glutamine 1hr before,
that is quit a lot of protein after that i just eat normaly.</div>

I always thought eating around you training is a good thing and works, you're living proof!
cool.gif
</div>
I agree.

I have got to get better at this myself!!!

I am thinking maybe 3 to 4 scoops peanut butter with maybe a protein bar before training.

Then maybe a big meal like Faz said afterwords with some MILK!

<div>
(Fausto @ Dec. 27 2006,06:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Unfortunatelly can only get started on or aorund the 1st, darn it!
wink.gif
</div>
At least you do not have to wait till the 15th!

I would rather do upper in the morning not for any strength or structural reasons, but more so that by the time my body does big lower lifts such as Squats and Deadlifts, I am much more stretched out.

By the way, what cycle is this for you?

Colby

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">By the way, what cycle is this for you? </div>

I have lost count, theres been so many, been at it since 2002 June or so.
wink.gif

I believe one's spine in the morning should not be strectched or compressed due to relaxed joints between vertebrae! Don't know how true that is, but I am not strong in the mornings, squat or deadlift strong that is!
laugh.gif

We're getting OLDER brutha!
rock.gif

I read somewhere that guys over 40-45 should be awake 2 or so hours before exersizing in the morning. Doesn't matter. My butt won't MOVE that early!

Back