New to HST, hows my routine?

Deadlift is hamstrings glutes and lower back working together.

Quads are involved but nowhere near as much as a leg press, extn or squat.

Have you tried lunges perhaps..BB or DB...? not sure how they impact the knees/ACL.

You'll be ok with just deads, but don't expect the quads to become writhing snakes under the skin.

As an aside, go here for the information concerning exercises:

EXRX

And here specifically for this case:

EXRX Quads info

:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sun-Tzu @ Nov. 11 2005,11:56)]So people who do:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Back
are wasting a lot of time?
This is saying full body is definitely better than a split routine?
sorry for the late reply sun-tzu

for instance chest is done on monday protein synthesis(growth) last for 36 hours then stops,so for the next 5 days the chest gets no growth..so the more you train your chest the more growth you will get.

I might add some lunges, but I am very weak at them on my left leg. Should I replace the DL with lunges, add them in or alternate? Same with the military press, should I add it, replace the DB press, or alternate?

Alt. Military with DB, alternate Deads with Lunges (drop SLDLs).

The other option is bench step ups.

Put a BB on back/DBs in hand, and step up onto a bench with left leg, then bring right up to follow. Down on left, then right. That's one rep.

Height of bench should determine how much strain the knee is taking.

Thanks. I will alt bench step ups with dead lifts.

How do I know what weights to use when setting up HST while alternating?

Also if I DB press 38kg total, what would be a good roundabout weight to start military press?

Say your 5RM for DB Press is 38kg, I think it's safe to say you could go with 40kg as your Standing Military Press 5RM.

For alternating it's more or less the same set up but less workouts so bigger increments are possible between workouts if you like.

Your RMs won't change, so you just work back from there.

Back