New to HST... Think I applied to many exercises

balcerkowy

Hello everyone,
My name is Andrew. I'm 29, 5'11, 202 lbs, 20% bf. I have been working out for 3,5 years now with a 9 month break during which I got up to 30% of bf. Now slowly I'm getting rid of it and hoping HST will help me get back to a flat stomach :)

I have been following this forum and everything about HST for a while. Started my first cycle 4 weeks ago so on Saturday I will start my 5's (doing Sat/Mon/Wed).

I'm using the routine from HST website which looks like this:
Machine squat x1
Straight leg dead lift x2
Flat bench x2
Decline bench x1
Revers grip chin ups x2
Seated rows x2
Traps x1
Seated shoulder press x1
Lateral raises x1
Rear delt x1
Curls x2
Tri extensions x2
Calfs x2
Abs x2

I did the same amount of sets for my 15's and 10's.
During 15's I felt great. 10's felt like I was doing too much especially at the end.

Do you guys think I can split my routine during 5's or should I stick with it and change the routine for my next cycle?
Should I increase the amount of sets?

Thank you in advance.

Drop down the number of exercises for 5s, just like the program outlines.

So should I get rid of some of the exercises or do every other exercise every other day?

Thank you for your response

On your first cycle, how’s about just following the original program? It’s been working great for the majority of members for many cycles before they thought about changing anything. You are nowhere near the level where you should start tweaking things because you think you know better.

Best of luck. :)

:) You are right. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible that's why I'm using an example routine from the HST website. I started having second thoughts during the 10's when I felt really tired.
I'll stick with it and let see what happens

Thank you

Wow! You have a lot of exercises there. I can see a few that you could drop, e.g., decline bench and the direct arm work. When you get to the 5s and you're going for 3 sets, there is no way you'll be able to finish this workout in under two hours. I would do what Blade suggests and drop some of the exercises that are working the same muscle groups as your compound lifts.

This link should help you for your next cycle.
http://thinkmuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?16246-Simplify-and-Win!

Back