Newb with starting ????

Hunterworks

I am either too lazy to find these answers or just have not ran across them yet so please help me out.

How long is a cycle?

What is a negative?

When do you change reps from 15 to 10 to 5?

When do you change your max?

And when do you take the 9-14 days off?

Thanks ahead,
Todd

How long is a cycle?

6-8 weeks. Your first cycle is 8, your following cycles are 6.

What is a negative?

Lowering the weight only. As an example, a negative bench press would be you lowering the weight and then having spotters pick it back up again. Negatives allow us to use extremely heavy weight and therefore push a muscle hard. There is a lot of research backing up the use of negatives.

When do you change reps from 15 to 10 to 5?

Every two weeks. First two weeks: 15. Second two weeks: 10. Third two weeks: 5. Last two weeks: Strategic Deconditioning.

When do you change your max?

Once a cycle.

And when do you take the 9-14 days off?

At the very end of a cycle, after the 5's.

Keep reading.

-Q

6-8 weeks. Your first cycle is 8, your following cycles are 6.

Lowering the weight only. As an example, a negative bench press would be you lowering the weight and then having spotters pick it back up again. Negatives allow us to use extremely heavy weight and therefore push a muscle hard. There is a lot of research backing up the use of negatives.

Every two weeks. First two weeks: 15. Second two weeks: 10. Third two weeks: 5. Last two weeks: Strategic Deconditioning.

Once a cycle.

At the very end of a cycle, after the 5's.

Keep reading.

-Q

Thanks, I got unlazy and found all of this on the site and really enjoyed the read. I really appreciate you replying!!

Back