Newest scientific support for Strategic Deconditioning

That would mean that we can't ever grow our legs because the last thing we do every single day is high-rep work (commonly known as walking).
This makes sense, but apparently mere walking puts such miniscule load on the muscles as to be largely irrelevant. OTOH resistance walking, or running, or bicycling, or any other kind of intensive cardio after w/o could be considered detrimental to growth.

Last edited:
That's rather counter-intuitive, and extremely countered by every sports person ever.

Soccer players, AFL, NFL, basketball, sprinters etc have massive thighs.

I think the argument and attempts to justify it are largely a form of 'bro science', rather than actual science. Just my take, and no personal offense is intended to the theorist, but he's not correct as far as I can deduce, looking at all the evidence available.

Soccer players, AFL, NFL, basketball, sprinters etc have massive thighs.
They all have extra intensive bursts of activity. Adaptation markers are certainly there.

I think you thought this:
OTOH resistance walking, or running, or bicycling, or any other kind of intensive cardio after w/o could be considered detrimental to growth.
to mean such activity in itself isn't meant for growth. Of course it might be, but only if its adaptation markers are enough and are more pronounced than those of prior lifting.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a postman who does not lift, etc., with a walking route have massive, or even defined, thighs. No load! Then look at the thighs of those that carry shingles or bricks up ladders to roofs all day long. Big, defined, legs! Big loads. Your muscles grow to accomodate loads.

They all have extra intensive bursts of activity. Adaptation markers are certainly there.

I think you thought this:

to mean such activity in itself isn't meant for growth. Of course it might be, but only if its adaptation markers are enough and are more pronounced than those of prior lifting.

"Adaptation markers" is a near-useless term. Refer to the specific signaling synthesis chains/pathways/molecules.

His theory is incorrect.

Given his idea about diet and needing to eat every 2-3hrs, this doesn't surprise me.

What comes 'last' is not what decides whether or not muscle will be built. Load does that. Doesn't matter the order, although please for your progress and safety don't ever try and 'pre-fatigue' a muscle. It's a nonsensical concept that isn't borne out scientifically or even in practice.

AlexAustralia, that guy, although I don't know him personally, only virtually, most likely knows what he's talking about. He's 50 and has been successfully coaching many clients, bodybuilders and lifters alike, both amateurs and probably competition type guys.
Mikhail Kazakov
World Cup silver medalist WPC 2008 Bench Press, Israel's undisputed champion in powerlifting, IPF President of Israel

This is the second program he has offered recently, just a permutation of his original training method called CMT (literally OverPowerfulTraining aka CrazyMike'sTraining) which looks very much like HST at first glance, although it's centered around quick exercising speeds (lots of supersets), very short rest periods (~30 seconds) and smallest time available to finish the workout (25-30 minutes).

Sure, but what's being discussed here is a scientific theory. We're not talking about whether X or Y training method is effective, the hypothesis you put forth is steeped in science, nothing else.

Back