Next Cycle

You could try supersetting between chin ups and OHP (if your shoulders ok) and bench and cable row, supersetting saves time and it feels great to go from one exercise to the other quickly, you feel like arnold!

6 sets of the 5's will be hard, id probably cluster to 20 or 25 reps if I was you but it will be cool to see if your gains are better with the higher volume or if you just get more tired
tounge.gif
. Regardless, good luck with your cycle.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">twice a week is enough especially when you get to the 5s </div>

Point taken Faz! Might suit me better family wise, will cross that bridge when I get there!
biggrin.gif

I am only doing weights 2x a week cocentrating on fitness levels more cardio..
and it feels great
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

I have thought about doing this too faz..going heavy...more like 5x5 twice a week and doin cardio the rest.

I believe Dan opinion on this was it was a good way to go to preserve muscle and burn fat.

some studies have shown 2x a week is as good as 3x or more.
at my tender years (48)
rock.gif
maintaning and fitness are prefered but if i can gain muscle as well
cool.gif
and training twice a week for now seems to be good.
biggrin.gif

Higher volume Joe, I think the higher volume would then allow your growth to carry on, despite the lesser frequency, I could be wrong though!
laugh.gif

I have more problems with overhead pressing and shoulders than bench and shoulders. I think doing an OHP only once a week would be acceptable, as long as the shoulders are getting hit with other stuff.

RE: bench vs rows - I thought rows should be more than bench. My row is a lot better than my bench. We are talking BB bentover row, right?

I'm talking pendlay rows, yes. Bench is usually the higher lift due to the mechanics.

You're just weird, Totentanz. You also squat and deadlift 3x a week. You're an exception, so shhhh.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jun. 06 2006,13:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I didn't know that....twice a week...hmmm....what kind of volume?</div>
this would be a good 2x routine of faustos
Squat
Deadlift
Bench
Chin ups
Military Press

And the following volume:

15's - 2 sets
10's - 3 sets
5's 6 sets
any fullbody workout remember not to add to many exercises ,when you get to the 5s you are doing 5 or 6 sets.

Boys in my opinion a 2 day training per week routine has NOTHING! to do with Hst. When you want to grow and only want to train 2 times per week, so yes, than stick with a full body routine 2 times per week but then go heavy in every workout. that is my point of view. because 2 days training does not fit to the hst principles. you not only CAN train the same muscle 48 hours later, you SHOULD train it, because the protein-synthesys would be at normal point then. or you &quot;can`t&quot; get the best gains.

@Fausto
your 2 day split routine looks good.

-how often do you want to train per week?
-if you cant handle maybe the 5rm with 6sets are you going to clustering to reach anyways your 30 reps ?

30 reps should work fine. but get my advice and only use your 5rm and start from maybe 65% and stick every day with 30 reps and if you cant handle it cluster it up !!
thats what bryan said:

&quot;hst is not about sets and reps!&quot;

To the military pres, dont do it at the back of your had, only in front, at the back it will Fu** up your shoulders. but i think you know this.
what helped for me was some rotator cuff work and military press with 20-30 reps with very light weights. no problems anymore! GOOD LUCK !

I haven't seen different results with 2x or 3x a week, regardless of all the research that states you supposedly drop protein synthesis levels to baseline after 48 hours.

In the end, I don't think it makes a big difference.

I will pipe in about the overhead press/shoulder debate.

I have no problems with my shoulders and flat bench presses. Dips do not bother me either.

On the flip side, incline benches and overhead presses reck havoc on my shoulders. Seems that way anyway. I have excluded both from my workouts and haven't had any problems since. I figure my shoulders get hit from benching and dipping and I also do rear delt work with each workout.

Keystone

Guys

The only bench I can manage now is decline, the injury is on my teres major on the left side, so when I do flat or slight incline it pinches like mad!
sad.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">To the military pres, dont do it at the back of your had, only in front, at the back it will Fu** up your shoulders. but i think you know this.
what helped for me was some rotator cuff work and military press with 20-30 reps with very light weights. no problems anymore! GOOD LUCK !</div>

I tend to agree with you choco, I may just keep my mil presses at 15's 'til I feel better, as for the rot. cuff work that is by default!

Yeap you right, behind the head militarys are for the fools IMO!
laugh.gif

For now it will be 3x/week.

But I have done 2x/week and it was fine! I'll tweek if I have to!
cool.gif

Amen !
biggrin.gif

---------------------------------
(interesting to hear about the 2x per week thing.....)

Back